6,000 jobs at risk at Cafe Rouge and Bella Italia owner 6,000 jobs at risk at Cafe Rouge and Bella Italia owner - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 25 of 25
  1. #21

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    If they are in the same sector, and subject to the same 'shocks', those which go under must have 'underlying health conditions'.
    So it's something to do with the economic shock and something to do with the vulnerability?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  2. #22

    Godlike

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    So it's something to do with the economic shock and something to do with the vulnerability?
    The shock will only kill you if you have the vulnerability.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  3. #23

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    9,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Tosh. I've been to a Bella Italia a couple of times, it was ok, but not so good that I've been back in the last 3 odd years.

    As for Cafe Rouge, the only people who go are tourists or people looking for a quick pre-theatre meal. I've worn both hats, been twice, utter crap both times (once in London, once in Stratford).

    Brexit and now Corona are very convenient excuses for badly managed businesses providing poor service who go out of business.

    Good riddance to both. Make way for some local eateries to take up the slack.

  4. #24

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    25,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
    Tosh. I've been to a Bella Italia a couple of times, it was ok, but not so good that I've been back in the last 3 odd years.

    As for Cafe Rouge, the only people who go are tourists or people looking for a quick pre-theatre meal. I've worn both hats, been twice, utter crap both times (once in London, once in Stratford).

    Brexit and now Corona are very convenient excuses for badly managed businesses providing poor service who go out of business.

    Good riddance to both. Make way for some local eateries to take up the slack.
    That's the spirit. I hope the new soup kitchen is more to your taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  5. #25

    Ducklike

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    9,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    That's the spirit. I hope the new soup kitchen is more to your taste.
    I was hoping for Jam and Scones

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •