• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brits to shift to used cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My car has not been used since the beginning of Feb
    Do some maintenance runs every 2 weeks, otherwise the brakes bind, the tyres wear from being in the same position, the oil drops down, and the battery goes flat

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Brits to shift to used cars

1.5k on a new car will not be changing my car buying habits. In fact I was relieved when it was that amount. A lot of people do 3 year finance, so I cannot see £500/year making much difference.

Last edited by caffeine man; 25 May 2020, 17:33.

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
        Do some maintenance runs every 2 weeks, otherwise the brakes bind, the tyres wear from being in the same position, the oil drops down, and the battery goes flat

Yeah, my Dad said the same (my real one, not Mordac).

It's usually fine if I use it every 4 - 6 weeks.

Comment

Either go cheap and cheerful or go expensive and make sure it's bloody secure at night. Too many car thefts going on at the moment.

On a plus note, filled up at less than £1 per litre for the first time in years at weekend.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Either go cheap and cheerful or go expensive and make sure it's bloody secure at night. Too many car thefts going on at the moment.

On a plus note, filled up at less than £1 per litre for the first time in years at weekend.

I filled up in Dorchester on 15th March. Still have over half a tank left. I think I paid around £1.28/l
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              I filled up in Dorchester on 15th March. Still have over half a tank left. I think I paid around £1.28/l
              The last fill up was half a tank when the oil prices went into freefall (needed unfortunately).
              I've seen Morrisons and Costco under £1/Litre.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
              X