• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU trade talks near disastrous collapse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU trade talks near disastrous collapse

Trade talks near disastrous collapse

Boris could blink to avoid catastrophic no deal

Have no fear the UK holds all the cards.
    I'm alright Jack

Earlier this week, the EU's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier wrote to opposition political parties in the UK to say Brussels is open to extending the transition period by a further two years.
    Wow, is that new normal? Isn't that illegal? I would think only the government can be involved in negotiations.

Boris needs to be careful around those snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
      Wow, is that new normal? Isn't that illegal? I would think only the government can be involved in negotiations.

Boris needs to be careful around those snakes.
      The EU is not subject to UK law, as the EU is not part of the UK.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The EU is not subject to UK law, as the EU is not part of the UK.
        That's correct, however, opposition parties are.

Comment

The EU want all the access and freedom to fish our waters - with none of the obligations - have cake and eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            The EU want all the access and freedom to fish our waters - with none of the obligations - have cake and eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Brilliant!
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              I think you’re confusing “The EU” with private companies who bought the rights to fish in UK waters.

You really need to stop believing everything an unelected bureaucrat tells Boris to say.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Might as well do no deal. Seems like as good a time as any to go for it.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                X