• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cummings took €235k in EU subsidies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cummings took €235k in EU subsidies

OK article is 9 moths old, but just to remind the brexidiots of what their big leaders really are: Effing wallet filling hypocrites
    Brexit enforcer Cummings’ farm took €235,000 in EU handouts | Politics | The Guardian

"Subsidy" or "Unelected bureaucrat salary"?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Oi, just because someone's a brexiter, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them being a blatant hypocrite at the same time.

There's one here, who voted to leave, who's already got himself an EU passport. He even yearns to leave the UK and live in the EU in the future. His missus thinks he's an embarassment but that's just her opinion.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

The only idiots are those that expect businesses and people to pass up free money offered to them on a platter.

HTH
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          The only idiots are those that expect businesses and people to pass up free money offered to them on a platter.

HTH
          No the only idiots are those who get handed free money on a platter and then vote against it

HTH

Comment

Why should he not get what other farmers get when we are still in the EU and still paying a lot more into it than we get back?
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Why should he not get what other farmers get when we are still in the EU and still paying a lot more into it than we get back?
              But if a Romanian farmer gets a subsidy suddenly they are profiteers living off the UK taxpayers money

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                But if a Romanian farmer gets a subsidy suddenly they are profiteers living off the UK taxpayers money
                That is actually entirely true:

EU budget: Who pays most in and who gets most back? - BBC News
                bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

While we are/were in the EU I think it is entirely right that all Brits should claim what they are entitled to. Not to do so would increase our net payments even more. Our economy benefits from money received and spent in the UK.
                  bloggoth

Comment

If subsidies and grants are legitimately available why on earth wouldn't you take them? Not to mention as co-owner he probably doesn't have the final say on it anyway.

And this has been going on for a decade but only now does anyone want to write about it, just when DC happens to be in the news?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X