• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoJo threatens EU with no deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    It's mainly the Daily Express now. Remember, their readership needs to be told the same thing about 500 times to have any hope of remembering it. What was that, dear?

There's also a residual of remainers that will never forget (based on the list of politics podcasts that I check regularly - with the remainer ones updating more or less weekly still )

Most of the other news outlets seem to have forgotten about it.
    Not really, it's in most newspapers on a daily basis.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Wait for tomorrow, Johnson will be making a statement on 'Global Britain'.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        The US deal is going badly, Trump is in no hurry to sign a deal and Joe Biden says if Trump signs a deal he will revoke it (in true US-style) if he becomes president.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Not really, it's in most newspapers on a daily basis.

Buried on the nth page, perhaps. Barely anything from the front pages today, for example. One tiny little inset at the bottom of the Times. Nothing in the Express, even.

https://twitter.com/MsHelicat

Pretty much a dead issue now for most of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Buried on the nth page, perhaps. Barely anything from the front pages today, for example. One tiny little inset at the bottom of the Times. Nothing in the Express, even.

https://twitter.com/MsHelicat

Pretty much a dead issue now for most of the country.
            Currently the top story on the Independent, Daily express and the Times

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So which month is going to be 'no deal' month? So far today I've seen 4 mentioned: October (EU would like this one to be cut-off date), August (the UK negotiation team), July (Johnson) and June (Johnson)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Currently the top story on the Independent, Daily express and the Times

Seems not to be on any of them? Anyway, online dots around on the whims of the hour (there was a meeting this afternoon, afterall) and online is mostly totally different to print. Like I said, pretty much a dead issue for most of the British press, bar the Express.

Comment

That's a very apt analogy. Don't forget to blame the evil EU later for your blown kneecaps.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  No, but that's up there with a chance of Worst Analogy of the Year 2020.

Comment

Brexit mainly features in European comedy shows rather than in their newspapers.

I watch the German ones (to study/improve my language skills). Here is a sample (with English subtitles) YouTube

Enjoy.

The threat may have had more of an impact had it been reported in the European newspapers.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Bang on the nail there...!

Bozo live right now giving it Glowball Britain.

Comment

Working...
                      X