• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoJo threatens EU with no deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BoJo threatens EU with no deal

He holds after all all the cards

Boris Johnson to threaten EU with no-deal if Brexit talks stall | News | The Times

And?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Isn't that a bit like being confronted by the IRA, and if they won't back down, you'll blow your own kneecaps off?
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Isn't that a bit like being confronted by the IRA, and if they won't back down, you'll blow your own kneecaps off?
        No, but that's up there with a chance of Worst Analogy of the Year 2020.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Bow to the mighty EU, you rebel scum!

Comment

The threat may have had more of an impact had it been reported in the European newspapers.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

What I find fascinating is the amount of space that British papers devote to the EU, far more than in most European newspapers. When I mention that I'm British Europeans often enquire about what happened with Brexit, whether Britain actually managed to leave or not.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 15 June 2020, 13:23.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                What I find fascinating is the amount of space that British papers devote to the EU, far more than in most European newspapers. When I mention that I'm British Europeans often enquire about what happened with Brexit, whether Britain actually managed to leave or not.
                They're just sulking because the UK holds all the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  It's mainly the Daily Express now. Remember, their readership needs to be told the same thing about 500 times to have any hope of remembering it. What was that, dear?

There's also a residual of remainers that will never forget (based on the list of politics podcasts that I check regularly - with the remainer ones updating more or less weekly still )

Most of the other news outlets seem to have forgotten about it.

Comment

I believe that they've passed it over to left wing Labour radicals now...'New Momentum'

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X