• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

31st December 2020

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    All of this.

British Fishery limit,.... think you'll find that's spelled with a 'Scottish'. Yes I'm sure that's correct. That massive 0.12% of the all UK economic output. Nice one lads.

Here's some footage of the same lads trying to break into the single market 6 months from now.

Last edited by scooterscot; 11 July 2020, 21:51.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Reading this thread reminds me of two things:

1) The pain of why I went through all that trouble to teach my middle aged brain a new language to obtain citizenship, and have the 3rd best passport in the world (as opposed to 7th soon to bemuse 70th!)

2) I remain a EU citizen!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

1) The pain of why I went through all that trouble to teach my middle aged brain a new language to obtain citizenship, and have the 3rd best passport in the world (as opposed to 7th soon to bemuse 70th!)

So what?

Comment

I remember the times when people were calling themselves proud citizens of Soviet Union. Certain things never change.

Comment

I don't think even now enough time has come to pass for many UK citizens to realise they are no longer EU citizens.

For many (including members of my own family) the country has left the EU only in paper but not really as fact. Yet in conversation when it came up my ability to work here with clients throughout the continent, said family member thought actually that's an idea to pursue... then I was woah hold up there, these jobs are usually only for EU citizens, you'd have to get sponsership at the minimum...

That conversation got real depressing real quick. One on the understanding of the 'no ease of access to the jobs market' and two 'not an EU citizen'

She was a leave voter.. if that matters now. Buyers remorse and then some.

Comment

I don't think even now enough time has come to pass for many UK citizens to realise they are no longer EU citizens.

For many (including members of my own family) the country has left the EU only in paper but not really as fact. Yet in conversation when it came up my ability to work here with clients throughout the continent, said family member thought actually that's an idea to pursue... then I was woah hold up there, these jobs are usually only for EU citizens, you'd have to get sponsership at the minimum...

That conversation got real depressing real quick. One on the understanding of the 'no ease of access to the jobs market' and two 'not an EU citizen'

She was a leave voter.. if that matters now. Buyers remorse and then some.
              Given your track record on this forum I'd be surprised if half of your family would know what day it is.

Btw, there isn't an "e" in "sponsorship". However there are a few in the phrase "Scooterscot is a clueless fuqwit".
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
              X