• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russian meddling into Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    What, and risk not leaving the transition period in 5 months time when unemployment hits 5 or 6 million?

Leaving the tp will give the economy the boost we desperately need.

The timing couldn't be better.
    How? Come on, give us the details
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It increasingly looks like a no deal and the UK seems to be drifting into a depression, inward investment has all but dried up made worse by throwing out the Chinese and no-one wants to do anything about it.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        No Brexit already happened so should be a rejoin referendum

They certainly helped, Farage has never stopped speaking out his admiration for Putin. Corbyn was never that clear about Putin but his refusal to accept that Russia was behind the Skripal case made clear he was in Putin's pocket as well

Putin is trying to destabilise the EU for a while now by supporting both the extreme right and extreme left in the EU and by bombing Syria he created huge refugee streams to the EU which helped Vote Leave/Farage/Cummings create billboards with a shot of endless streams of people coming towards us. These billboards were quite powerful and would add quite a few extra leave votes to the total.
        Corbyn would never criticise Mother Russia, no matter who was in charge.
        Russian involvement in Syria is not a new thing, Syria has been Russia's proxy in the Middle East for decades. Russia attacked the enemies of the Assad regime in order to prevent the government being overthrown. The refugees were a consequence of, not the reason for, the attacks.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          the Tory party would never criticise the Russians while they're still giving them money
          FTFY
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            There has already been one court case in order to re-run the referendum due to electrical fraud. The defence of the leave campaign was that the law does dot apply because the referendum was only advisory. The leave champagne won the case.

Russian interference was rather blatant and Farage & Co got endless publicity on RT. The USA, Australia and Iran also interfered sometimes more aggressively than Russia. They all have a lot to gain making the UK weak.
            Electrical fraud? As in 'someone has interfered with your wiring'?
            Nobody watches RT, yet somehow you believe they have 17m viewers? You should do their PR, you'd be good at it.
            The USA interfered on the Remain side, and quite blatantly, as I'm sure you remember. Australia and Iran were more aggressive than Russia? Seems unlikely, but I'm sure you can furnish us with some links.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Nobody watches RT, yet somehow you believe they have 17m viewers? You should do their PR, you'd be good at it.
              The USA interfered on the Remain side, and quite blatantly, as I'm sure you remember. Australia and Iran were more aggressive than Russia? Seems unlikely, but I'm sure you can furnish us with some links.
              Brexit campaign committed electoral fraud.

https://www.newlawjournal.co.uk/cont...-eleventh-hour
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Nobody is claiming 17M people watch RT.
                Plenty of gammons who never watch anything but sky sports in Wetherspoons. But all these things could have added to the leave votes and made the balance tip over to leave

I hear no gammon complaining Trump is interfering in the whole Brexit process

Comment

Plenty of gammons who never watch anything but sky sports in Wetherspoons. But all these things could have added to the leave votes and made the balance tip over to leave

Clutching at straws there. I'm guessing your life is full of 'what-ifs' and 'could-haves'.
                  I made up my mind around 1992, and nothing that was subsequently said by anybody (Osbourne, Obama etc.) had any influence over my decision. And I doubt many people were undecideds until they flicked on RT for some last-minute guidance, any more than they felt slighted by a petty 'insult' such as being likened to a popular 1970's bistro dish. Whatevers...

I do mind Trump, as it happens, every time he speaks I feel a slight taste of sick. He has a tendency to make a complete horlicks of everything he's involved in, so if he wouldn't mind staying quiet on Brexit, that would be very nice, thanks.

PS - Wetherspoons don't show Sky Sports, it's far too expensive for the tightwad who runs that particular chain. You were probably in a Greene King pub, most of theirs have the sports channels.

Comment

Quite right!

Brexit was won by a very narrow margin that was the result of the accumulation of small be significant issues and lies.
                    Interference by Russia on main media and social media. Farage and George Galloway played a big role in this. I don’t blame Russia for wanting to destabilise the UK because the UK has a long history of destabilising Russia going back to the 1800’s.

Interference by Iran on main media and social media. The UK sponsored two coup d'états in Iran, this was their opportunity to get their own back. An Iranian YouTube channel was pushing out propaganda that the EU was founded by the Nazis.

USA and particularly Trump wanted Brexit because it will make the UK more reliant on the USA.

The Asian community being told that immigration for their families will be easy after Brexit.

UK right-wing press, full of lies about the EU and towing the line that we can have a better deal than Norway outside the EU plus all the other lies we know about.

The EU remaining neutral in the referendum and not countering the lies of the Brexit campaign.

The stupidity of Angela Merkel opening her mouth over mass emigration when it was a touchy Brexit subject in the UK.

The exclusion of ex-pats from voting.

The absence of any one of the above would have brought a win for the remain vote.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

RT Headline: Queue for blue passports reaches 400,000 due to high demand.

Coronavirus: UK passport application backlog reaches 400,000 - BBC News

Comment

Working...
                      X