• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russian meddling into Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Quite right!

Brexit was won by a very narrow margin that was the result of the accumulation of small be significant issues and lies.
    Interference by Russia on main media and social media. Farage and George Galloway played a big role in this. I don’t blame Russia for wanting to destabilise the UK because the UK has a long history of destabilising Russia going back to the 1800’s.

Interference by Iran on main media and social media. The UK sponsored two coup d'états in Iran, this was their opportunity to get their own back. An Iranian YouTube channel was pushing out propaganda that the EU was founded by the Nazis.

USA and particularly Trump wanted Brexit because it will make the UK more reliant on the USA.

The Asian community being told that immigration for their families will be easy after Brexit.

UK right-wing press, full of lies about the EU and towing the line that we can have a better deal than Norway outside the EU plus all the other lies we know about.

The EU remaining neutral in the referendum and not countering the lies of the Brexit campaign.

The stupidity of Angela Merkel opening her mouth over mass emigration when it was a touchy Brexit subject in the UK.

The exclusion of ex-pats from voting.

The absence of any one of the above would have brought a win for the remain vote.
    Dry your eyes mate.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Quite right!

Brexit was won by a very narrow margin that was the result of the accumulation of small be significant issues and lies.
      Interference by Russia on main media and social media. Farage and George Galloway played a big role in this. I don’t blame Russia for wanting to destabilise the UK because the UK has a long history of destabilising Russia going back to the 1800’s.

Interference by Iran on main media and social media. The UK sponsored two coup d'états in Iran, this was their opportunity to get their own back. An Iranian YouTube channel was pushing out propaganda that the EU was founded by the Nazis.

USA and particularly Trump wanted Brexit because it will make the UK more reliant on the USA.

The Asian community being told that immigration for their families will be easy after Brexit.

UK right-wing press, full of lies about the EU and towing the line that we can have a better deal than Norway outside the EU plus all the other lies we know about.

The EU remaining neutral in the referendum and not countering the lies of the Brexit campaign.

The stupidity of Angela Merkel opening her mouth over mass emigration when it was a touchy Brexit subject in the UK.

The exclusion of ex-pats from voting.

The absence of any one of the above would have brought a win for the remain vote.
      Have you got a link please? I've run out of box-sets, and I think this could be right up my street...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        How? Come on, give us the details
        I don't blame you for thinking I was actually being serious.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
        X