• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Brain Drain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brain Drain

Moreover, the study found that UK migrants are among the most educated and skilled of those from any nation, with one of the highest net average income rates, suggesting that Brexit has begun a steady drain of the most talented and productive people to the continent.
    Brexit uncertainty boosts migration | WZB

https://wzb.eu/system/files/docs/sv/iuk/auer-flow.pdf

Guest Blog: More Britons willing to leave UK to escape Brexit uncertainty - COMPAS
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I heard that Germany also attracted scootie and darmie.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      I heard that Germany also attracted scootie and darmie.
      You wouldn't make it here, you can stay with what's left! Maybe this is why Britain has changed it's immigration policy to try and attract only skilled workers because they know that there soon won't be any left...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        You wouldn't make it here, you can stay with what's left! Maybe this is why Britain has changed it's immigration policy to try and attract only skilled workers because they know that there soon won't be any left...
        We don't care, goodbye, don't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          We don't care, goodbye, don't come back.
          Sorry, can't help you with that as the UK requires skilled workers to come in occasionally to sort out the problems, plus the UK needs the foreign currency...

Comment

I don't need to move to Germany to get German clients, darmie. My clients aren't burger restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              I don't need to move to Germany to get German clients, darmie. My clients aren't burger restaurants.
              Nope, they're finger lickin' chicken fast food outfits....

Comment

The Brain Drain
                Silly. You're intimating that there's anyone left in the UK who still has a brain.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Silly. You're intimating that there's anyone left in the UK who still has a brain.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I used to have one. A squirrel ate it. Wibble...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X