• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IDS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDS

I wonder what IDS is a TLA for, I suspect the first word might be something like 'Idiot':

Originally posted by Iain Duncan Smith
    “Whilst the UK wants to have a good trade relationship with the EU as a sovereign state, the EU has different ideas,” he ranted. “They want our money and they want to stop us being a competitor. The Withdrawal Agreement (WA) we signed last year sadly helps them.”

Would this be the WA that you signed and only gave Parliament a short time to read through? Maybe if you had given them time to read and debate it, you wouldn't be in this position, cretinous Tory...

“So in 2016, despite having no detail on what Brexit meant, people knew exactly what they were voting for. But in 2019, despite having a detailed Withdrawal Agreement, MPs didn’t know what they were voting for.”

“Agreements are binding. It pays to read them first. If you don’t know that, what on earth are you doing in government?”
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Is there any context to this? I mean have you cut and paste this from an article, if so could you link?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Is there any context to this? I mean have you cut and paste this from an article, if so could you link?
      He posted it in a rant on twitter:

In case that screen grab isn't compelling enough, here is the actual tweet:
      https://twitter.com/MPIainDS/status/1290292766514135040
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well WTFH beat me to it but using that Google thingamajig throws up plenty of links, including his Twitter bollocks:

Iain Duncan Smith complains Brexit deal he voted for ‘denies true national independence’ | The New European

Iain Duncan Smith up in arms over Withdrawal Agreement "fine print"

Iain Duncan Smith is now claiming the Withdrawal Agreement isn'''t good for the UK after all | News Break

Although none in the right MSM as they know they ****ed up....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yet in Parliament last year he also said:
          European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill - Hansard

The reality is that, if there is anything about this arrangement that we have not now debated and thrashed to death, I would love to know what it is.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

He is a deeply deeply stupid man.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I wonder what IDS is a TLA for, I suspect the first word might be something like 'Idiot':
              Irritable Donkey Syndrome?

IDS would help everyone if he went away, shut up and left the talking to the people who matter in all this.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I see that there is a video now of him now advocating against further scrutiny of the WA:

Video resurfaces of Iain Duncan Smith debating against MPs scrutinising Brexit agreement he now wants rewritten | The New European

“If there is anything about this arrangement [the Withdrawal Agreement Bill] that we have not now debated, thrashed to death, I would love to know what it is.

“For those who say they don’t have enough time over the next few days because there are so many things to debate, of course they forget there was a white paper published last year that contained, I think sadly, most of the elements of the Withdrawal Agreement within it!”

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Would this be the WA that you signed and only gave Parliament a short time to read through? Maybe if you had given them time to read and debate it, you wouldn't be in this position, cretinous Tory...
                  Ian Smith (Duncan is his middle name but he want's people to think he has a hyphened surname) ... is a thick upper-class twat. I have met too many of them in my life time including him.

He does not have a clue about works affairs and no clue how the EU and how EU trade works. Cooperation with the EU and EU business is vital for the UK, it is not a matter of UK vs EU.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Most people have no clue about those things. People who do, would rather engage in some real honest work rather than be under a constant influence of lobbying groups.

Comment

Working...
                    X