IDS IDS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: IDS

More fingers than teeth

Default IDS

I wonder what IDS is a TLA for, I suspect the first word might be something like 'Idiot':

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Duncan Smith
    “Whilst the UK wants to have a good trade relationship with the EU as a sovereign state, the EU has different ideas,” he ranted. “They want our money and they want to stop us being a competitor. The Withdrawal Agreement (WA) we signed last year sadly helps them.”

Would this be the WA that you signed and only gave Parliament a short time to read through? Maybe if you had given them time to read and debate it, you wouldn't be in this position, cretinous Tory...

“So in 2016, despite having no detail on what Brexit meant, people knew exactly what they were voting for. But in 2019, despite having a detailed Withdrawal Agreement, MPs didn’t know what they were voting for.”

“Agreements are binding. It pays to read them first. If you don’t know that, what on earth are you doing in government?”
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Godlike

Is there any context to this? I mean have you cut and paste this from an article, if so could you link?

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Is there any context to this? I mean have you cut and paste this from an article, if so could you link?
    He posted it in a rant on twitter:

In case that screen grab isn't compelling enough, here is the actual tweet:
    https://twitter.com/MPIainDS/status/1290292766514135040
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

More fingers than teeth

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Yet in Parliament last year he also said:
    European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Bill - Hansard

The reality is that, if there is anything about this arrangement that we have not now debated and thrashed to death, I would love to know what it is.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

He is a deeply deeply stupid man.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    I wonder what IDS is a TLA for, I suspect the first word might be something like 'Idiot':
    Irritable Donkey Syndrome?

IDS would help everyone if he went away, shut up and left the talking to the people who matter in all this.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

More fingers than teeth

I see that there is a video now of him now advocating against further scrutiny of the WA:

Video resurfaces of Iain Duncan Smith debating against MPs scrutinising Brexit agreement he now wants rewritten | The New European

“If there is anything about this arrangement [the Withdrawal Agreement Bill] that we have not now debated, thrashed to death, I would love to know what it is.

“For those who say they don’t have enough time over the next few days because there are so many things to debate, of course they forget there was a white paper published last year that contained, I think sadly, most of the elements of the Withdrawal Agreement within it!”

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post

Would this be the WA that you signed and only gave Parliament a short time to read through? Maybe if you had given them time to read and debate it, you wouldn't be in this position, cretinous Tory...
    Ian Smith (Duncan is his middle name but he want's people to think he has a hyphened surname) ... is a thick upper-class twat. I have met too many of them in my life time including him.

He does not have a clue about works affairs and no clue how the EU and how EU trade works. Cooperation with the EU and EU business is vital for the UK, it is not a matter of UK vs EU.
    Elaine Paige "I refuse to let anyone dictate the shape of my bananas."

Fingers like lightning

Most people have no clue about those things. People who do, would rather engage in some real honest work rather than be under a constant influence of lobbying groups.