• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canzuk the future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I wanted to move from Swindon to a villa on the south of France.

I wanted you to move to.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Always seems your argument comes down to fruit.
      And your argument to join is being like mined people, whatever than means. I am sure the French Canadians would not like it, nor would the indigenous Canadians, Aborigines in Australia and native New Zealanders.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Actually there are 3 presidents:

President of the European Council - The President of the European Council is elected by the heads of state/government of the 27 EU member states for a 2.5-year, once renewable term
        President of the European Commission -
        The President of the European Commission is officially proposed by the European Council, taking into account the latest European Parliament elections and subsequently elected by the European Parliament for a 5-year, renewable term
        President of the European Parliament - The President of the European Parliament is elected from among MEPs for a 2.5-year, renewable term

There is no EU army

FIFA has an anthem and a flag
        Don't besmirch the good name of FIFA by comparing them to the EU...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          When are you going to stop making a complete twat of yourself?
          <some cockwaffle>
          You're the one arguing after a lost cause, and resorting to calling everyone twats and whatevers. I never even mentioned bananas, but now come to think of it...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            And your argument to join is being like mined people, whatever than means. I am sure the French Canadians would not like it, nor would the indigenous Canadians, Aborigines in Australia and native New Zealanders.
            You now speak for the minorities around the world? I thought it would make you happy to be part of a bigger group, you seem so miserable at leaving the EU. But no, you just complain about fruit and Aborigines, really starting to think you are a grump.

Comment

You now speak for the minorities around the world? I thought it would make you happy to be part of a bigger group, you seem so miserable at leaving the EU. But no, you just complain about fruit and Aborigines, really starting to think you are a grump.
              Rain is forecast, that should cheer him up.

Comment

More details on CANZUK

CANZUK plan

Historian Andrew Roberts described the federation of nations whose majority of people speak English could be a free trade zone with the free movement of people. The idea is based on the concept of the "CANZUK Union", this being the anacronym for Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom. The union could have a mutual defence organisation and combined military capabilities, the historian claimed.
                So it will have free movement of people and a CANZUK army. Presumably there will be need to a CANZUK Commission of faceless bureacrats to run it, this new ever closer Union.

I think people will start referring to it as the CANZUK-SSR before too long.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  More details on CANZUK

CANZUK plan

So it will have free movement of people and a CANZUK army. Presumably there will be need to a CANZUK Commission of faceless bureacrats to run it, this new ever closer Union.

I think people will start referring to it as the CANZUK-SSR before too long.
                  You party pooper. I don't think any of the countries would want a political union. Can you imagine an Australian wanting to be governed by a politician from the UK. These countries are proud to be sovereign, excited by their future. Closer ties building on a shared heritage and attitude.

Comment

You party pooper. I don't think any of the countries would want a political union. Can you imagine an Australian wanting to be governed by a politician from the UK. These countries are proud to be sovereign, excited by their future. Closer ties building on a shared heritage and attitude.
                    So like European countries really.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      So like European countries really.
                      Well you know, if the EU was a trading body with mainly the northern countries and limited to handful then it might just work.

Comment

Working...
                      X