• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canzuk the future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    You're just pissed off because you were piss poor colonial oppressors. What did you end up with, a couple of Caribbean Islands nobody gives a toss about. To be fair, you were always at a disadvantage, you could never get your colonies to speak Dutch, when we were offering English as a language option. No wonder you detest the British so much.
    Colonialism and the oppression of natives is nothing to be proud of .... unless you're a jingoistic xenophobe
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      You're just pissed off because you were piss poor colonial oppressors. What did you end up with, a couple of Caribbean Islands nobody gives a toss about. To be fair, you were always at a disadvantage, you could never get your colonies to speak Dutch, when we were offering English as a language option. No wonder you detest the British so much.
      Pretty much what the UK has ended up with as well (+ Bermuda, Falkland Islands, a few other Atlantic islands, Gibraltar, Cyprus sovereign bases, Antarctic Territories). But along the journey, they built a fair empire (ananchronous map below). They had a reputation as a pretty nasty bunch of colonialists as it happens, although perhaps not on the King of Belgium in Congo scale of atrocity.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Latest News – CANZUK International

Bunged up nose and can’t sleep so just reading Twitter. Anyone else heard of this push for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Uk to form a pact?

I think this a great step forward, pact between like minded countries. Much better than the dictatorship of the EU.

Who is for it?
        Haven't you seen what's happening in Victoria? Then there's Jacinda Arden...

Europe seems a far more relaxed place in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bona Fide View Post
          Haven't you seen what's happening in Victoria? Then there's Jacinda Arden...

Europe seems a far more relaxed place in comparison.
          In what way is Ardern triggering your delicate sensibilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            She's a successful woman...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              I'd hardly call it triggering but I generally favour small government. That she most definitely is not.

Comment

I'd hardly call it triggering but I generally favour small government. That she most definitely is not.
                NZ is not a particularly high spending government.

Comment

You must hate Johnson and Trump then
                  Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X