• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canzuk the future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This talk about CANZUK is simply the acknowledgement that leaving the EU was a huge mistake and scraping the barrel for some alternative.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      So who is going to make all the rules in this new "Pact" ?

"Like minded" faceless bureacrats ?

Will it have a parliament ?
      Or an army? Or 2 unelected Presidents? Or a flag and anthem?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You all seem very unhappy about this Canzuk thing. I would have thought you would all be for it.

I'm starting to think you all just like complaining for the sake of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Actually there are 3 presidents:

President of the European Council - The President of the European Council is elected by the heads of state/government of the 27 EU member states for a 2.5-year, once renewable term
          President of the European Commission -
          The President of the European Commission is officially proposed by the European Council, taking into account the latest European Parliament elections and subsequently elected by the European Parliament for a 5-year, renewable term
          President of the European Parliament - The President of the European Parliament is elected from among MEPs for a 2.5-year, renewable term

There is no EU army

FIFA has an anthem and a flag
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            When are you going to stop making a complete twat of yourself?

It is the UK that is still pushing for European military cooperation that you refer to a a European Army.

The president of the European Commission is the head of the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union. The president of the Commission leads a cabinet of commissioners, referred to as the college, collectively accountable to the European Parliament.

The president of the Commission also represents the EU abroad, together with the president of the European Council and the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy.

The post was established in 1958. Each new president is nominated by the European Council and formally elected by the European Parliament, for a five-year term.
            President of the European Commission - Wikipedia.

The presidency of the Council of the European Union[1] is responsible for the functioning of the Council of the European Union, the upper house of the EU legislature. It rotates among the member states of the EU every six months. The presidency is not an individual, but rather the position is held by a national government. It is sometimes incorrectly referred to as the "president of the European Union". The presidency's function is to chair meetings of the Council, determine its agendas, set a work programme and facilitate dialogue both at Council meetings and with other EU institutions. The presidency is currently, as of July 2020, held by Germany.

Three successive presidencies are known as presidency trios. The current trio (2020-2021) is made up of Germany (July–December 2020), Portugal (January–June 2021) and Slovenia (July–December 2021). The German presidency began the second cycle of presidencies, after the system was introduced in 2007.
            As for a flag an an anthem, it represents the founding countries and the values of the UK. BTW: Many towns in Europe have their own flag and anthem, I bet that would upset you. I think the Swiss system of government would really confuse you.

Do you want to bring up the subject of straight bananas next?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The Brexiteers would very much like there to be a CANZUK military force and for everyone to respect the British National Anthem. After all the Queen will be in charge.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The Brexiteers would very much like there to be a CANZUK military force and for everyone to respect the British National Anthem. After all the Queen will be in charge.
                Should be fun, we are already sending an aircraft carrier down to to Australia. Would be nice to overthrow a government or two for old time sake.

The only stickler is going to be the French speaking lot in Canada.

Nice sized economies, free thinking, liberal, english speaking, common law - it's perfect for a re-union, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  You all seem very unhappy about this Canzuk thing. I would have thought you would all be for it.

I'm starting to think you all just like complaining for the sake of it.
                  I cannot recall the option being on the referendum. Amway, Canzuk are saying the fresh fruit a veg can be flown from Australia to the UK as a replacement for EU supplies, can you think of a negative side in that?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I cannot recall the option being on the referendum. Amway, Canzuk are saying the fresh fruit a veg can be flown from Australia to the UK as a replacement for EU supplies, can you think of a negative side in that?
                    Always seems your argument comes down to fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Other issues include people moving from poorer to richer parts of the union.
                      I wanted to move from Swindon to a villa on the south of France.

Comment

Working...
                      X