• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canzuk the future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Well you know, if the EU was a trading body with mainly the northern countries and limited to handful then it might just work.
    There is the single market and customs union that Bozo and Farage promised that the UK would remain in after Brexit. The "No deal" option was never mentioned as an option but magically Brexiters seem to recall this being an option despite evidence to the contrary.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Daily Express readers proclaim the new Union

It's not going to happen because it is figment of the Daily Express reader's imagination, no-one in Australia or Canada gives a monkey's and even if it did they'd blow it apart at the nearest sniff of a CANZUK immigrant.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Daily Express readers proclaim the new Union

It's not going to happen because it is figment of the Daily Express reader's imagination, no-one in Australia or Canada gives a monkey's and even if it did they'd blow it apart at the nearest sniff of a CANZUK immigrant.
        I first spotted this on reddit in the Canada forum, mixture of opinions but lots positive. Its gaining traction now. Aus and Nz worried about China and Canada frustrated with US.

I only posted it because i thought it would cheer you guys up after Brexit when you lost the vote and the British people declared their desire to leave the monolithic EU.

Comment

I first spotted this on reddit in the Canada forum, mixture of opinions but lots positive. Its gaining traction now. Aus and Nz worried about China and Canada frustrated with US.

I only posted it because i thought it would cheer you guys up after Brexit when you lost the vote and the British people declared their desire to leave the monolithic EU.
          The fact that it's all over the Daily Express means its clearly a project to cheer up the Brexiteers. I don't see this in the Guardian. It's irrelevant, smoke and mirrors. It won't save the car industry. From what I see is that the key benefit will be more military parades, Bearskins marching through Sydney as a demonstration of support.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

The fact that it's all over the Daily Express means its clearly a project to cheer up the Brexiteers. I don't see this in the Guardian. It's irrelevant, smoke and mirrors. It won't save the car industry. From what I see is that the key benefit will be more military parades, Bearskins marching through Sydney as a demonstration of support.
            The guardian is the dm of the left. Dont read the express as its a joke up there with the independent.

Comment

"Its gaining traction now" ...

Why Arron Banks’ plan to target Jacinda Ardern is not going to plan

Why Arron Banks' plan to target Jacinda Ardern is not going to plan | The New European

Arron Banks wants a more commonwealth friendly government in New Zealand, both Banks and Farage have been spending a fortune on trying to sway the New Zealand voters with no success. Basically the New Zealanders have told the to FO

Brexit campaigners vow to bring ‘mischief, mayhem' to NZ election

Brexit campaigners vow to bring ‘mischief, mayhem' to NZ election | RNZ News
              Last edited by Paddy; 11 August 2020, 08:48.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                "Its gaining traction now" ...

Why Arron Banks’ plan to target Jacinda Ardern is not going to plan

Why Arron Banks' plan to target Jacinda Ardern is not going to plan | The New European

Arron Banks wants a more commonwealth friendly government in New Zealand, both Banks and Farage have been spending a fortune on trying to sway the New Zealand voters with no success. Basically the New Zealanders have told the to FO

Brexit campaigners vow to bring ‘mischief, mayhem' to NZ election

Brexit campaigners vow to bring ‘mischief, mayhem' to NZ election | RNZ News
                It's nice that you post links for us to read but sorry what's your point?

Comment

It's nice that you post links for us to read but sorry what's your point?
                  The point is New Zealand has no interest in CANZUK and they have to strongarm a "Brexiteer" into government. They will also have to work on Canada and Australia, because in Canada at any rate there is no interest whatsoever, none. They need to develop something akin to a militaristic "Brexit-Youth" movement and indoctrinate the kids with propaganda.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

The point is New Zealand has no interest in CANZUK and they have to strongarm a "Brexiteer" into government. They will also have to work on Canada and Australia, because in Canada at any rate there is no interest whatsoever, none. They need to develop something akin to a militaristic "Brexit-Youth" movement and indoctrinate the kids with propaganda.
                    You may well be right and feel sorry that you may not be able join another club. But I didn't hear about this in the UK.

I think the UK isn't really talking about it, but where things start it's gaining traction.

I do hope one day you get your dream of joining another club, one that isn't a dictatorship.

Comment

You may well be right and feel sorry that you may not be able join another club. But I didn't hear about this in the UK.

I think the UK isn't really talking about it, but where things start it's gaining traction.

I do hope one day you get your dream of joining another club, one that isn't a dictatorship.
                      The UK is becoming more and more like a dictatorship each day with Johnson taking his marching orders from Cummings and his little clique but aside from that, whatever happened to the UK joining this little club:

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Trans-Pacific Partnership - Wikipedia
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X