• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Canzuk the future?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canzuk the future?

Latest News – CANZUK International

Bunged up nose and can’t sleep so just reading Twitter. Anyone else heard of this push for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Uk to form a pact?

I think this a great step forward, pact between like minded countries. Much better than the dictatorship of the EU.

Who is for it?

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

Bunged up nose and can’t sleep so just reading Twitter. Anyone else heard of this push for Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Uk to form a pact?

I think this a great step forward, pact between like minded countries. Much better than the dictatorship of the EU.

Who is for it?

This is not about Brexit. And no, these countries are not like minded.

Yes I have heard about it, read their info and watched their videos all of which have loads of misinformation. It is a pie in the sky even without the UK.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      This is not about Brexit. And no, these countries are not like minded.

Yes I have heard about it, read their info and watched their videos all of which have loads of misinformation. It is a pie in the sky even without the UK.
      Its not brexit but i know you brexit lot are scared of being out in the big world on your own. So i thought this might cheer you up a little.

So the remainers that are scared of leaving the EU would this pact make you feel better.

Comment

Its not brexit but i know you brexit lot are scared of being out in the big world on your own. So i thought this might cheer you up a little.

So the remainers that are scared of leaving the EU would this pact make you feel better.
        The UK left the EU in January this year therefore scared of what? Leaving is supposed to bring forth benefits yet nobody has come up with any. What happened to the oven ready deal?
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I think this a great step forward, pact between like minded countries. Much better than the dictatorship of the EUSSR.

Who is for it?
          Empire 2.0 - that's the spirit!

Comment

Strange how Brexiters want to leave one trading block, the largest in the world, to join another smaller one and follow their rules....
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Strange how Brexiters want to leave one trading block, the largest in the world, to join another smaller one and follow their rules....
              Is it strange though? EU is moving ever closer to political union and that for many is the issue. Other issues include people moving from poorer to richer parts of the union.

Doesnt bother me really, but I think it's quite a neat idea, closer integration with countries that are linked minded, plus I thought it would make some of you feel better because you feel safe in a big club.

Comment

So who is going to make all the rules in this new "Pact" ?

"Like minded" faceless bureacrats ?

Will it have a parliament ?
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Is it strange though? EU is moving ever closer to political union and that for many is the issue. Other issues include people moving from poorer to richer parts of the union.

Doesnt bother me really, but I think it's quite a neat idea, closer integration with countries that are linked minded, plus I thought it would make some of you feel better because you feel safe in a big club.
                  Those moving from poorer to richer parts is not declining with many of them moving back as the poorer parts are now getting richer due to the EU.

You'll probably find that, eventually, all these other little blocks will become more political if they get stronger and as countries in them become more powerful than others, they will then exert that power to get better deals for themselves which in turn would cause that block to self destruct. You only need to read up on NAFTA
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

There is no evidence of the EU wanting a political union and since member countries have such diverse political in their own countries it would be impossible anyway. In contrast the UK has a monarch who is still head of state of former imperial colonies such as Canada.

So you are seeking a new trading alliance with an uncollected leader in the hope that the weak UK economy will dictate terms; no, that will not happen.

It is the USA that controls trade terms with Canada and they will control trade terms with the UK. The USA-UK trade deal terms state that UK must seek approval from the US for any UK trade deal with a third country.

Comment

Working...
                    X