Brexit fuels brain drain as skilled Britons head to the EU Brexit fuels brain drain as skilled Britons head to the EU
Posts 1 to 6 of 6

My post count is Majestic

Default Brexit fuels brain drain as skilled Britons head to the EU

"A British-German study uncovers huge changes in migration patterns of UK citizens since 2016 referendum

Brexit has sparked an exodus of economically productive people from the UK to European Union nations on a scale that would normally be expected only as a result of a major economic or political crisis, according to a detailed new study.

Using a combination of official statistics across the EU and in-depth interviews with people living in Germany, the study found huge changes in migration patterns of UK citizens since the 2016 referendum, which contrast with largely stable ones among nationals from the 27 EU states remaining in the bloc."

Brexit fuels brain drain as skilled Britons head to the EU | World news | The Guardian

Who cares as long as the Spoon got half price gammon on offer

Double Godlike!

They found Scooty by the looks of it:

The majority of interviewees who left agreed to either a pay cut or a pay freeze as part of their decision. Some struggled to find a job. “I have still not found work, which is not what I expected […] The cost of the move in personal and financial terms is always difficult to foresee, and I’m starting to wonder if I underestimated the risk involved,” said a British IT worker who migrated in October 2019 with his wife and three children.
    So, not exactly a 'brain drain' then...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Brexit fuels brain drain as skilled Britons head to the EU
    But the really stupid left in 2002.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Fingers like lightning

Imagine how bad it must be when people see working for the Germans as something better than supporting local economy.

Greedy taxman butchered the golden goose to satisfy his hunger.

Godlike

The Guardian eh, well lets hope a few of those left leaning, hand wringing, social wimps decide to take a jump to the EU.

Only when they start complaining about their expressos not being ethically sourced, their local polish barista is going to give them a smack around the chops. Of course they won’t move to Poland and enrich its culture they will move to Berlin and whinge endlessly about brexit.

That will teach you not to put a triggered warning on a guardian link.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    But the really stupid left in 2002.

before that

So is Darmy Wayne or Oz?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.