• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who said...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said...

“If we left the EU, we would end this sterile debate, and we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused by “Bwussels”, but by chronic British short-termism, inadequate management, sloth, low skills, a culture of easy gratification and underinvestment in both human and physical capital and infrastructure,”

“Why are we still, person for person, so much less productive than the Germans? That is now a question more than a century old, and the answer is nothing to do with the EU. In or out of the EU, we must have a clear vision of how we are going to be competitive in a global economy.”
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

This is getting really tedious...

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    “If we left the EU, we would end this sterile debate, and we would have to recognise that most of our problems are not caused by “Bwussels”, but by chronic British short-termism, inadequate management, sloth, low skills, a culture of easy gratification and underinvestment in both human and physical capital and infrastructure,”

It was Boris, 7 years ago, making the case for the referendum. As such it is not necessarily a statement of fact, more something to gee up his audience. It's called politics.

We have left the EU now. Or hadn't you noticed. The major problem is the EU's insistence on treating the UK as still being a member and so refusing to countenance our sovereignty over things like fishing rights. That's their failure, not ours.

“Why are we still, person for person, so much less productive than the Germans? That is now a question more than a century old, and the answer is nothing to do with the EU. In or out of the EU, we must have a clear vision of how we are going to be competitive in a global economy.”
    Dumb comparison. Germany's economy is largely driven by manufacturing in several highly automated industries. Ours is primarily a service economy. If you compare our industrial output to Germany then, other than the obvious difference in scale, we are at least as good, if not better.

But basically, who really GAS apart from a few blowhards?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I passionately believe that I can strike a Brexit deal within weeks

Factbox: Die-hard eurosceptic or opportunist? Boris Johnson's views on the EU - Reuters

This is the man who wrote 2 articles for his column in the Telegraph, one fro remaining and one for leaving. Having seen which way the wind was blowing, he picked the leave one. Basically shows him to be an opportunist who doesn't really care about anyone except himself...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I passionately believe that I can strike a Brexit deal within weeks

Factbox: Die-hard eurosceptic or opportunist? Boris Johnson's views on the EU - Reuters

This is the man who wrote 2 articles for his column in the Telegraph, one fro remaining and one for leaving. Having seen which way the wind was blowing, he picked the leave one. Basically shows him to be an opportunist who doesn't really care about anyone except himself...
        Like thats something we didn't know already.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          This is getting really tedious...
          What, people pointing out that you were duped? Yes, I can see how that can get tedious ... as well as embarrassing

It was Boris, 7 years ago, making the case for the referendum. As such it is not necessarily a statement of fact, more something to gee up his audience.
          So basically lies then, to be swallowed by dim idiots who do the bidding of the elite and vote a certain way in 2016

The major problem is the EU's insistence on treating the UK as still being a member and so refusing to countenance our sovereignty over things like fishing rights. That's their failure, not ours.
          Ha ha ha ... we have full control. We can have full sovereignty over our fishing rights. Nothing to do with the EU. Not sure you've noticed, but we'e left the EU

We now want a relationship with them and they have certain stipulations. We have control now so we can refuse, but then the EU can also refuse to give us what we want. That's what happens when you have control mate

You were warned we couldn't have our cake and eat it. You fell for the lies that we could as we have more power. It's not our fault you fell for the lies.

But basically, who really GAS apart from a few blowhards?
          Clearly you do, else you wouldn't have responded

You won mate, get over it
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

You really must learn to listen. I wasn't defending or criticising your post, merely pointing out that it was a waste of time and effort. However, I was just bored enough and idle enough to offer a counter view. And, just because I can, I took the same tone as you did.

And really, I do not GAS about all this post-Brexit bollocks, nor the trade negotiations themselves until someone on one side or the other says something concrete and sensible. That will be most likely in December...

I will promise to ignore your next meaningless wind up post.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You really must learn to listen. I wasn't defending or criticising your post, merely pointing out that it was a waste of time and effort. However, I was just bored enough and idle enough to offer a counter view. And, just because I can, I took the same tone as you did.

And really, I do not GAS about all this post-Brexit bollocks, nor the trade negotiations themselves until someone on one side or the other says something concrete and sensible. That will be most likely in December...

I will promise to ignore your next meaningless wind up post.
              And you think I need to learn and listen?

It wasn't my post you originally responded to you numpty. No wonder you fell for the Tory lies.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X