• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trade Agreement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Agreement

If the UK can leave the EU with 'No Deal' and simply trade with the EU on WTO terms because they don't need a trade agreement with the the EU, then why can't the UK trade happily all around the world on those same rules rather than wasting time and money on negotiating trade deals with Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, etc.?

What is the point of Liz Truss and her department if "falling back on WTO rules" won't cause the UK any problems?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Exactly, interesting how they make a big thing about all these new trade deals and WTO is more or less business as usual with the EU.

Why not get out of the WTO as well?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Because the Tories lie and their followers happily lap it all up
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It's these other Empire 2.0 countries clamouring for a trade deal with the UK, so they can get preferential access to the UK's jam, tea and biscuit exports.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          It's these other Empire 2.0 countries clamouring for a trade deal with the UK, so they can get preferential access to the UK's jam, tea and biscuit exports.
          I think it's more HCL, Infosys, Tata,Wipro, Tech Mahindra, etc getting easier access to the UK market to export their drones

Comment

We hold all the cards.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              We hold all the cards.

Comment

Working...
              X