• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Meat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We can always eat rats on sticks.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
      We can always eat rats on sticks.
      onna stick, or inna bun.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Except we wont. Brexit will end the UK fishing industry if there isn't completely tariff and NTB free access to EU markets for UK fishermen. They, like farmers, can't see past the end of their own noses.
        This will really hurt the 17 company’s (most non Uk) that currently own the uk fishing rights

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          This will really hurt the 17 company’s (most non Uk) that currently own the uk fishing rights

What you probably don't know about though is the 1000's of small operators that export high value stuff exclusively to the EU. If they lose that market, they are bolloxed.

These 17 companies do own a disproportionate percentage (because it was sold to them by licence holders) but they don't represent the entire fleet.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

What you probably don't know about though is the 1000's of small operators that export high value stuff exclusively to the EU. If they lose that market, they are bolloxed.

These 17 companies do own a disproportionate percentage (because it was sold to them by licence holders) but they don't represent the entire fleet.
            Well, we always have Whisky and oil to make us rich.

Comment

These 1000’s of small operators will be the equivalent of one or two floors in just one building at canary wharf who are losing their jobs daily in the run up to brexit

Very Small beer in the big picture of losing passporting rights

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                These 1000’s of small operators will be the equivalent of one or two floors in just one building at canary wharf who are losing their jobs daily in the run up to brexit

Very Small beer in the big picture of losing passporting rights

Like the latest announcement: Search for Banking Jobs in London After Brexit: JPMorgan to Relocate 200 Bankers - Bloomberg
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Where did you get the information about " 1000's of small operators that export high value stuff exclusively to the EU".

Currently there are just about 4,000 working fishing vassals in the UK. Are you trying to deduce that each fishing boat is a separate export business? If you look at Billingsgate Fish Market, you will find about 20 fish wholesalers; those same wholesalers have branches around the fishing ports of the UK. The number of fish exports around the UK would logically only amount to a few tens at the maximum and in fact it is probably less than ten. So where did you get 1000's of high value exporters from?
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    onna stick, or inna bun.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      For a nasty moment, I though that said "RATE CUT".

Comment

Working...
                      X