Meat Meat - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Meat

  1. #11

    Contractor Among Contractors

    _V_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    We can always eat rats on sticks.
    You above all people should know probabilisitic analysis is a stochastic process of independent of deterministic variables subject to constant change....

  2. #12

    Double Godlike!

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    11,525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    We can always eat rats on sticks.
    onna stick, or inna bun.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    Except we wont. Brexit will end the UK fishing industry if there isn't completely tariff and NTB free access to EU markets for UK fishermen. They, like farmers, can't see past the end of their own noses.
    This will really hurt the 17 company’s (most non Uk) that currently own the uk fishing rights


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  4. #14

    King of updation

    TestMangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ardbeg, Isle Of Bute, Jock Land.
    Posts
    7,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    This will really hurt the 17 company’s (most non Uk) that currently own the uk fishing rights


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    What you probably don't know about though is the 1000's of small operators that export high value stuff exclusively to the EU. If they lose that market, they are bolloxed.

    These 17 companies do own a disproportionate percentage (because it was sold to them by licence holders) but they don't represent the entire fleet.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

  5. #15

    More fingers than teeth


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    17,203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    What you probably don't know about though is the 1000's of small operators that export high value stuff exclusively to the EU. If they lose that market, they are bolloxed.

    These 17 companies do own a disproportionate percentage (because it was sold to them by licence holders) but they don't represent the entire fleet.
    Well, we always have Whisky and oil to make us rich.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    What you probably don't know about though is the 1000's of small operators that export high value stuff exclusively to the EU. If they lose that market, they are bolloxed.

    These 17 companies do own a disproportionate percentage (because it was sold to them by licence holders) but they don't represent the entire fleet.
    These 1000’s of small operators will be the equivalent of one or two floors in just one building at canary wharf who are losing their jobs daily in the run up to brexit

    Very Small beer in the big picture of losing passporting rights


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  7. #17

    More fingers than teeth

    darmstadt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Eurozone
    Posts
    18,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    These 1000’s of small operators will be the equivalent of one or two floors in just one building at canary wharf who are losing their jobs daily in the run up to brexit

    Very Small beer in the big picture of losing passporting rights


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Like the latest announcement: Search for Banking Jobs in London After Brexit: JPMorgan to Relocate 200 Bankers - Bloomberg
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

  8. #18

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    What you probably don't know about though is the 1000's of small operators that export high value stuff exclusively to the EU. If they lose that market, they are bolloxed.

    These 17 companies do own a disproportionate percentage (because it was sold to them by licence holders) but they don't represent the entire fleet.
    Where did you get the information about " 1000's of small operators that export high value stuff exclusively to the EU".

    Currently there are just about 4,000 working fishing vassals in the UK. Are you trying to deduce that each fishing boat is a separate export business? If you look at Billingsgate Fish Market, you will find about 20 fish wholesalers; those same wholesalers have branches around the fishing ports of the UK. The number of fish exports around the UK would logically only amount to a few tens at the maximum and in fact it is probably less than ten. So where did you get 1000's of high value exporters from?
    Elaine Paige "I refuse to let anyone dictate the shape of my bananas."

  9. #19

    Super poster

    Whorty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    4,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BR14 View Post
    onna stick, or inna bun.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

  10. #20

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    27,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    For a nasty moment, I though that said "RATE CUT".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •