No deal brexit to hit economy 3 times harder than covid19 No deal brexit to hit economy 3 times harder than covid19 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 17 of 17

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Better to combine any disruption (covid 2nd-wave + no-deal) and get it all over with at the same time.

Bit like cataract surgery. Better to get both eyes done at the same time.
    And then take your car for a spin to a local castle to test the eyesight .... what could possibly go wrong
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Only upside is that Wetherspoons will be disappearing.
    With their xenophobic customer base?

Every cloud .....
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    With their xenophobic customer base?

Every cloud .....
    Where do you get that from? The bloke that runs it supported Brexit, ergo everyone who goes there is a knuckle-dragging racist? It's as likely to be full of students as anyone else, given that their USP is cheap beer. The last one I visited was full of tourists - but then it was in the departure lounge at LGW.
    You never know, one day you might be financially disadvantaged enough to drink there, and you'd miss out on the cheap beer, for fear of bumping into a racist.

Edit: The 'news' article is from the Daily Gidiot, btw, you're more likely to get an accurate economic forecast from the Beano.
    Last edited by Mordac; 23rd September 2020 at 10:47.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    Where do you get that from? The bloke that runs it supported Brexit, ergo everyone who goes there is a knuckle-dragging racist? It's as likely to be full of students as anyone else, given that their USP is cheap beer. The last one I visited was full of tourists - but then it was in the departure lounge at LGW.
    You never know, one day you might be financially disadvantaged enough to drink there, and you'd miss out on the cheap beer, for fear of bumping into a racist.

Edit: The 'news' article is from the Daily Gidiot, btw, you're more likely to get an accurate economic forecast from the Beano.
    Friday lunch beers were entertaining "down 'spoons".. it was full of "knuckle-dragging" "salt of the earth" trade types plus half a dozen of us IT types (who wanted cheap beer and food)...

I can fully imagine a load of the trade types held brexit +ve views and as they were uniformly caucasian, its not a stretch to imagine them being racist too. Chances are they had St Georges flags in their white vans and gardens (the ones who didn't have bull dogs or the same flags as tattoos on show already)

M

Contractor Among Contractors

Looking at the past actions of this govt it seems the oncoming brexit will a big cluster****

King of updation

It wurth it to taik are cuntry back
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

I live on CUK

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain