• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A year or so from now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A year or so from now...

November 2021

Well, that was a bit of a turnaround last night, wasn't it? I don't think Boris was expecting that! I wonder how long the expeditionary force is expected to stay. I heard that they were planning on leaving by Christmas, but you can never tell with these continental types, can you? Still, it was good of them to bring food packages and medicines. My aunt was saying how the very nice Dutchman who is billeted with her gave her a packet of licorice. She'd have preferred a few vials of insulin, but beggars can't be choosers, eh?

December 2021

I'm filled with gratitude for the fighting spirit of the Yorkshire Republican Army, who have put aside their differences with the Mancunian Militia to harry the governor of the Northern Province. The government must have known it would be a provocation to install a Dane to that position. People have long memories in that part of the world!

I'm also grateful for the Scottish passport which arrived in the post at the end of November. It's amazing how simple it is to suddenly "discover" previously unknown Glaswegian forebears. I'm surprised the whole country hasn't caught on, tbh. Och aye the noo, as I think one is supposed to say.

I was sorry to hear about the outbreak of cannibalism in Wigan, though, especially considering that there wasn't even a shortage of food. Apparently the people there just like the taste. "Northern Soul Food", they call it. Nowt so queer as folk...

The people in the Southern Province, on the other hand, have taken very well to occupation, thriving on chardonnay, camembert and collaboration. Londoners, in particular, have been enthusiastically flying the blue flag and singing Ode to Joy with unironic gusto. The bastards.

So overall, I'm just grateful to be a long way from it all. Though I will admit to having an overwhelming urge to listen to Crazy Baby and eat pork chops... mmmm... soul food indeed!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    November 2021

Well, that was a bit of a turnaround last night, wasn't it? I don't think Boris was expecting that! I wonder how long the expeditionary force is expected to stay. I heard that they were planning on leaving by Christmas, but you can never tell with these continental types, can you? Still, it was good of them to bring food packages and medicines. My aunt was saying how the very nice Dutchman who is billeted with her gave her a packet of licorice. She'd have preferred a few vials of insulin, but beggars can't be choosers, eh?

December 2021

I'm filled with gratitude for the fighting spirit of the Yorkshire Republican Army, who have put aside their differences with the Mancunian Militia to harry the governor of the Northern Province. The government must have known it would be a provocation to install a Dane to that position. People have long memories in that part of the world!

I'm also grateful for the Scottish passport which arrived in the post at the end of November. It's amazing how simple it is to suddenly "discover" previously unknown Glaswegian forebears. I'm surprised the whole country hasn't caught on, tbh. Och aye the noo, as I think one is supposed to say.

I was sorry to hear about the outbreak of cannibalism in Wigan, though, especially considering that there wasn't even a shortage of food. Apparently the people there just like the taste. "Northern Soul Food", they call it. Nowt so queer as folk...

The people in the Southern Province, on the other hand, have taken very well to occupation, thriving on chardonnay, camembert and collaboration. Londoners, in particular, have been enthusiastically flying the blue flag and singing Ode to Joy with unironic gusto. The bastards.

So overall, I'm just grateful to be a long way from it all. Though I will admit to having an overwhelming urge to listen to Crazy Baby and eat pork chops... mmmm... soul food indeed!
    If Scotland becomes independent, you will not need to prove Scottish ancestry to get a Scottish Passport, you just need to reside there.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      If Scotland becomes independent, you will not need to prove Scottish ancestry to get a Scottish Passport, you just need to reside there.
      That's a red line which no-one wants to cross...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I think you'll find the author is living in the occupied territory.

Comment

November 2021

December 2021

That lot was funnier last year when it was first posted. Have you anything more recent?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Well you should have said so then. But with Covid-19 and the current omnishambles, I think it was worth reposting.

Comment

Well you should have said so then. But with Covid-19 and the current omnishambles, I think it was worth reposting.
              In my defence I was probably banned at that point in time. It's all a bit of a blur.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

November 2021

<snip>
                </snip>
                Well that's just not going to ever happen. More chance of Nicola Sturgeon requesting the return of devolved powers to Westminster.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                  Well that's just not going to ever happen. More chance of Nicola Sturgeon requesting the return of devolved powers to Westminster.
                  I'm quite willing to bury the hatchet...

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    I'm quite willing to bury the hatchet...
                    Where, precisely?

Comment

Working...
                    X