• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have feet in two camps here.
    One option I have is Ireland.
    The other is Estonian E-Residency. The estonian route is cool... Probably the coolest of the two
    I have both.
    The thing is that for "Consultancy" in the UK both are frowned upon by "third parties" read agencies and many over worried and over compliant clients especially if the word finance is involved.
    on Mainland Europe less of a tulip is usually given unless we are talking about Switzerland or Belgium.
    I do know a London based "contractor" who runs everything through Lichtenstein. I am not sure how he gets away with it given his client list.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
      I have feet in two camps here.
      One option I have is Ireland.
      The other is Estonian E-Residency. The estonian route is cool... Probably the coolest of the two
      I have both.
      The thing is that for "Consultancy" in the UK both are frowned upon by "third parties" read agencies and many over worried and over compliant clients especially if the word finance is involved.
      on Mainland Europe less of a tulip is usually given unless we are talking about Switzerland or Belgium.
      I do know a London based "contractor" who runs everything through Lichtenstein. I am not sure how he gets away with it given his client list.
      How does an E-resident company help you? If you read the small print as it points out you will still have tax obligations in the country you work in.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        How does an E-resident company help you? If you read the small print as it points out you will still have tax obligations in the country you work in.
        I only do some traditional contracting these days. not even 90 days /year. There are a few people here who know about my health issues and why I am now heavily diversified. Also I only work part-time <30 hours/week. One or two always say and I quote "Court, you were very good at IT, BUT you should have never been in the industry, you should have been in private equity or investments from the start!".

Alas I didn't go to Oxbridge and read classics, maths or politics so I had that barrier to early entry into that profession!
        If you want to know how I eventually got into the business, just say the word and I am happy to tell you. Its not a secret and as above a few people here know the story anyway.

Estonian E-residency and my Irish background are useful things to have in the back pocket in view of this. I have to be careful what income I run through Estonia and Ireland.

Any contracts that I do these days are now only for two things, (estate/land strategy and UHNWI business strategy) they are direct to client, they have a beginning, middle and end and no scope creep. They are also very short engagements and are branded as a product/service combo. There is never an agency involved. My work comes through word of mouth or referrals from wealth management companies and there are no fees or kickbacks involved. "Contracting" as I know it only accounts for a small but very important part of my income.
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Working...
        X