Inland Border Facility Inland Border Facility - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 21

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Presumably there will be no paperwork, red tape or other such bureaucratic nonsense, now that the UK is a free sovereign state,
    To be fair to Brexiters, there is no extra paperwork or red tape at our actual international borders ... all this is saved for 20 miles inside our borders

The Kent populace are getting what they deserve and voted for
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Are you deliberately stupid, or accidentally?

When you arrive at Heathrow, you come off the plane and then go through passport control. You're stuck in a small area with no means of escape.
    You've not driven 20 miles on your own, where you're free to go wherever you like.

And when you depart from Heathrow? There's no passport control at T4 or T5, and the other terminals are rarely manned.
    So we'll be seeing 'Bienvenue en France*' signs just past Maidstone, will we? There's a difference between an international border and a customs clearance facility, presumably designed for lorries, that isn't right next to the port.

(*Apologies for the probably crap French)
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by Mordac View Post
    There's a difference between an international border and a customs clearance facility
    If the government call it an Internal Border, that's what they see it as.

And since you are so knowledgeable, at what point will a vehicle have cleared the border and be "free" to travel around the UK, is it before or after they go through the internal border?

So we'll be seeing 'Bienvenue en France*' signs just past Maidstone, will we?
    Back to your airport analogy, if an airport has passport control for outbound passengers, at what point are they in their destination country? Hint: It's generally not until they actually arrive at their destination. Not all the passengers in an airport are going to the same destination.
    So, unless the UK cedes Kent to the French and France put up a border control there, then no, you won't be seeing "Welcome to France" signs in Kent.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

Double Godlike!

If the government call it an Internal Border, that's what they see it as.

And since you are so knowledgeable, at what point will a vehicle have cleared the border and be "free" to travel around the UK, is it before or after they go through the internal border?

Back to your airport analogy, if an airport has passport control for outbound passengers, at what point are they in their destination country? Hint: It's generally not until they actually arrive at their destination. Not all the passengers in an airport are going to the same destination.
    So, unless the UK cedes Kent to the French and France put up a border control there, then no, you won't be seeing "Welcome to France" signs in Kent.
    You make it sound like my idea. So just to be clear, it is a border, but it isn't?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

You make it sound like my idea. So just to be clear, it is a border, but it isn't?

It's not a French border.
    It's not an EU border.

It's a UK internal border.

I doubt it's your idea, but you're the one that is saying a border isn't a border, and that it's just like an airport.
    I'm perfect, in a very specific and limited way.
    Hands... out infractions
    Face... the music
    Space... between the ears

I live on CUK

It's not a French border.
    It's not an EU border.

It's a UK internal border.

I doubt it's your idea, but you're the one that is saying a border isn't a border, and that it's just like an airport.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    This is a more accurate picture of the post Dec 31st queues at Heathrow

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    This is a more accurate picture of the post Dec 31st queues at Heathrow
    I think it'll be many years before there is any sort of queue at Heathrow (and you can make that 'never' if they fix those sodding machine-reader things).

I live on CUK

I think it'll be many years before there is any sort of queue at Heathrow (and you can make that 'never' if they fix those sodding machine-reader things).
    That will leave plenty of air freight capacity for the inbound EU food aid.

BREXIT LATEST: EU plans to send FOOD AID to UK in 'last throw of dice of Project Fear' | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More fingers than teeth

Looking at the latest polls in Scotland a massive border infrastructure in the North of England now looks inevitable. Wales won't be far behind.

The UK will be carved up and covered in massive border infrastructures and red tape.
    I'm alright Jack