• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Food Safety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Safety

MPs reject calls by campaigners to enshrine food safety in UK law | Brexit | The Guardian

Forget 'Chlorine Chicken', there's a new big bad boy in town, 'Bacterial Boars':

Channel 4 documentary claims E. Coli is found in 90% of US turkeys - Up News Info
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

You people don't understand personal freedom and choice within a free market. If people are bothered, they can buy Waitrose organic chicken. If they're not bothered, they don't have to.

Comment

Saw the Ch 4 documentary, it made me wonder again why farmers voted in majority for brexit
      They loose their EU subsidies and if that won't tip them over they will get pushed out by cheap US food

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        Saw the Ch 4 documentary, it made me wonder again why farmers voted in majority for brexit
        They loose their EU subsidies and if that won't tip them over they will get pushed out by cheap US food
        News coming through that British turkey farmers have voted to abolish Christmas.

Comment

Good news for poor little turkeys.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            News coming through that British turkey farmers have voted to abolish Christmas.
            Too late for some of them as they already being slaughtered as they will be too fat for Christmas due to the rule of 6

Turkeys could be 'put on diet' as farmers downsize birds for 'rule of six' Christmas | Metro News

Comment

The believed Brexit was one-way and that the UK could continue as previously but only meant restricting the EU market to the UK.

I was chatting with a Brexiter last night who was convinced that Brexit will have no changes on UK exports, no change in Brits working in the EU and no change in Brits travelling to the EU; it just affects EU people coming to the UK and EU imports into the UK. He is still being told this by his Brexit Tory MP!
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                The believed Brexit was one-way and that the UK could continue as previously but only meant restricting the EU market to the UK.

I was chatting with a Brexiter last night who was convinced that Brexit will have no changes on UK exports, no change in Brits working in the EU and no change in Brits travelling to the EU; it just affects EU people coming to the UK and EU imports into the UK. He is still being told this by his Brexit Tory MP!
                They are right. The UK holds all the cards.

Comment

They wanted prawn cocktail crisps

Comment

It'll be 'fish, fish and more fish' soon: MPs reject attempts to strengthen post-Brexit fishing protections | Brexit | The Guardian
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X