• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brits to spend an hour longer in EU airports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Who's flying anywhere? Nobody to queue behind.
    Quite a lot by the looks of it now that the restrictions to the Canary Islands has been lifted.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Who's flying anywhere? Nobody to queue behind.
      Me, 4 times over the last 6 months

Comment

There was quite some queuing when I got back from Portugal earlier this month on the UK side. I think all four flights that were due in that day arrived at the same time.

On entry to Portugal, there was no queuing. I was more annoyed at how rubbish their eGates were. On arrival their gates couldn't read my passport so I had to go to a desk. On departure, the first gate I tried didn't even acknowledge I had put my passport onto the scanner. It took a couple of attempts at another gate before it worked as expected. People complain about the UK eGates but they're just as flaky overseas.

Comment

The joys of eGates. Making sure you pay close attention to who is in front to detect who is clearly not going to be able to make it work and move to a different one.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The joys of eGates. Making sure you pay close attention to who is in front to detect who is clearly not going to be able to make it work and move to a different one.
            Similar in normal passport queues
            Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
              Similar in normal passport queues
              This seems to be mostly a game of not standing behind anyone who does not have white skin.

My first wife was black. Never managed a trip on the chunnel without getting pulled over for further inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                This seems to be mostly a game of not standing behind anyone who does not have white skin.

My first wife was black. Never managed a trip on the chunnel without getting pulled over for further inspection.
                Well, I suppose if you want to blame it on your first wife then go ahead. Which side of the chunnel would you say is the least racist?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  Well, I suppose if you want to blame it on your first wife then go ahead. Which side of the chunnel would you say is the least racist?
                  Assuming you mean border controls & customs racial profiling neither. Problems on both side.

Comment

eGates don't seem to care about that. But lots of people don't know how to use them. THey'll spend multiple minutes trapped in the cage pressing random pages against the scanner.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As a single white male I usually get stopped and sometimes the car searched. Yet families with kids seemed never to be stopped. It's obvious that a smuggler would travel with a wife and kids.
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X