Brits to spend an hour longer in EU airports Brits to spend an hour longer in EU airports
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 26

Super poster

Default Brits to spend an hour longer in EU airports

In case e-gates are not allowed for UK citizen anymore, which it is starting to look like what will happen, they'll have to queue up with all the other non EU citizen who need extensive visa checks etc for very long times.

UK presses for use of faster passport gates at EU airports post-Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

You also won't be able to use the blue channel anymore, so an increased possibility you will be picked out for your luggage to be checked, incurring further delays

My post count is Majestic

Like when I last went to the US and ended up at a medium sized airport.

One border guard checking all non-US and non-Canadian citizens. Took 90 minutes as I was stuck behind about 7 people on my flight from India and China. They are really not interested in UK citizens.

Heard US citizens claim the same the other way round in the UK e.g. 2-3 hour queue for 2 minutes.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Like when I last went to the US and ended up at a medium sized airport.

One border guard checking all non-US and non-Canadian citizens. Took 90 minutes as I was stuck behind about 7 people on my flight from India and China. They are really not interested in UK citizens.

Heard US citizens claim the same the other way round in the UK e.g. 2-3 hour queue for 2 minutes.
    That changed when the UK eGates were made available to people with passports from the US, Canada, Australian, NZ, Singapore, Japan and South Korea in May last year. Was really funny as lots of the UK travellers were well put out by 'other countries' being allowed access to 'their' passport gates and instead of a nominal wait for a gate, they had to queue for ~gasp~ up to 10 minutes!

Contractor Among Contractors

I think the waiting time will be 52% less than that estimates.

I

I live on CUK

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Read this in the beeb the other - oh how I laughed. Trying to shoehorn member benefits outside the club before jumping off the cliff.

Tell you if Biden gets in there's a good chance 10 drowning street will take any deal they can get regardless if it makes the country worse off than before.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Super poster

Scare mongering as usual. EGates are usually only if you are above 16 years and so most families wont be able to use anyway. In most European countries you see two queues, one for EU citizens and second for others. I doubt after Brexit they will lump UK citizens into the second queue, they will just ensure that the first queue is for EU + UK citizens.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Double Godlike!

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Scare mongering as usual. EGates are usually only if you are above 16 years and so most families wont be able to use anyway. In most European countries you see two queues, one for EU citizens and second for others. I doubt after Brexit they will lump UK citizens into the second queue, they will just ensure that the first queue is for EU + UK citizens.
    EU eGates are over 16, in the UK it's over 12.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Most travellers are business travellers, traveling without their families.
    Why exactly would the EU prioritize UK visitors over Nigerian or Mongolian visitors?

King of updation

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Most travellers are business travellers, traveling without their families.
    Why exactly would the EU prioritize UK visitors over Nigerian or Mongolian visitors?
    Because wee holdz all da cardz, innit.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

My post count is Majestic

Who's flying anywhere? Nobody to queue behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing