• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteer fisherman concerned that tariffs will impede their sale of fish to EU.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    I think we found a new candidate for our most clueless poster of the year competition
    A bit petty

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      I think we found a new candidate for our most clueless poster of the year competition
      He's making Scooty sound smart, and that's saying something!
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        A bit petty
        COTY is a coveted award. You're a strong contender this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          COTY is a coveted award. You're a strong contender this year.
          Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Link to your source, please?
            Will some of these do you?

One of the many things "they voted for" was not to have to throw their catch overboard because EU 'factory boats' had hoovered up all the allocation for some species.
            Campaign | Oceana Europe
            Supertrawlers ‘making a mockery’ of UK’s protected seas | Fishing | The Guardian

Once we are finally out of the CFP, UK fish prices will no longer be artificially inflated, so even with tariffs UK fishermen should be able to sell competitively into the EU.
            (Underlined text is opinion)

Fifty years of the CFP have destroyed much of the UK fishing industry (much as it was designed to) so is it any wonder coastal communities can't wait to leave it permanently?
            How the EU Common Fisheries Policy Permanently Damaged Scotland: A Warning for Iceland
            Common Fisheries Policy
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Will some of these do you?
              What about this:
              Revealed: the millionaires hoarding UK fishing rights - Unearthed
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Big fish!
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Let them eat Sushi!

The fishermen are saved. Import duty on soy sauce from Japan to be reduced! I expect said fishermen to be on the phone to Marcus Rashford already.

(best not to mention the 22% reduction for bluefin tuna).

Trade pact with Japan to cut British tariff on Pocky snack by 31% | The Japan Times

The EPA is estimated to raise British exports to Japan by 17.2%, or £2.6 billion (¥355 billion), and Japanese exports to Britain by 79.9%, or £13 billion, in about 15 years compared to the 2019 levels, the report noted.
                  We hold all the cards!
                  Last edited by clearedforlanding; 28 October 2020, 11:24. Reason: Erectile Disfunction

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                    The fishermen are saved. Import duty on soy sauce from Japan to be reduced! I expect said fishermen to be on the phone to Marcus Rashford already.

(best not to mention the 22% reduction for bluefin tuna).

Trade pact with Japan to cut British tariff on Pocky snack by 31% | The Japan Times

We hold all the cards!
                    Expert negotiating from the UK team I'd expect nothing less from this Tory run shambles.
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Trade department's Brexit soy sauce price cut claim prompts backlash

Trade department's Brexit soy sauce price cut claim prompts backlash

Department for International Trade (@tradegovuk)
                      The bakers used a lot of soya sauce in the first challenge on #GBBO, so it's a good thing it will be made cheaper thanks to our trade deal with Japan ??

A government claim that the new UK-Japan trade agreement will lead to cheaper soy sauce has been shot down as it was pointed out that Britain pays 0% tariffs under an EU deal.
                      Pea-brain Brexit voters
                      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X