• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteer fisherman concerned that tariffs will impede their sale of fish to EU.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Trade department's Brexit soy sauce price cut claim prompts backlash

Pea-brain Brexit voters
    Who the feck decided to tweet that soyA tulipe from an official gov account, are they fecking retarded? How utterly rubbish must the negotiations be if this is announced as a "win"? How utterly stupid must they be to think anyone will actually believe this is a win? I'm fecking speechless, honestly the level of lies this government produces is beyond wildest communist dreams, they should start painting grass green after Brexit to lure more people in.

Fecking morons.

Comment

The government know there are no benefits to Brexit (other than deregulation for offshore investments).
      The government know their tweets are fake news but they hope that they are not found out for at least a few days.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Well 52% of people who voted in the referendum were gullible and probably still are. BTW, most Soy Sauce sold in the UK is manufactured in Holland so unless there is an FTA with the EU it will in fact go up in price
        Originally posted by dsc View Post
        Who the feck decided to tweet that soyA tulipe from an official gov account, are they fecking retarded? How utterly rubbish must the negotiations be if this is announced as a "win"? How utterly stupid must they be to think anyone will actually believe this is a win? I'm fecking speechless, honestly the level of lies this government produces is beyond wildest communist dreams, they should start painting grass green after Brexit to lure more people in.

Fecking morons.
        Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

From fish to soya sauce...Soy sauce imports from Japan will not be cheaper next year - Full Fact

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            From fish to soya sauce...Soy sauce imports from Japan will not be cheaper next year - Full Fact

Seriously, nobody gives a flying sh!t about the price of soy sauce. The point of this thread is whether it's OK or not to gift the contents of UK waters to EU fishing fleets, while receiving nothing comparable in return. If the reward for giving up our fish is that we don't have to pay tariffs on BMWs, I'm struggling to see how that's such a good deal.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Seriously, nobody gives a flying sh!t about the price of soy sauce. The point of this thread is whether it's OK or not to gift the contents of UK waters to EU fishing fleets, while receiving nothing comparable in return. If the reward for giving up our fish is that we don't have to pay tariffs on BMWs, I'm struggling to see how that's such a good deal.
              So completely barrier free access (financial and non financial) to a market at least ten times the size of your own doesn't seem like a deal to you ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The UK has not gifted the contents of UK waters to the EU, it is shared just like the UK has access to EU waters something which Brexiters overlook.

Brexters told us that leaving the EU will be better; it is not.
                Brexters told us that leaving the EU will save money; it does not.
                Brexters told us that leaving the EU, food will be cheaper it is not.
                Brexters told us that leaving the EU, will be less red-tape; there is much more.
                Brexters told us that leaving the EU will be less immigration; there is more but from outside the EU.
                Brexters told us that leaving the EU and making dealing will be easy; it is not.

Brexters get into a tantrum when their failures are brought to their attention.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  So completely barrier free access (financial and non financial) to a market at least ten times the size of your own doesn't seem like a deal to you ?
                  Not when you factor in all the strings that are attached. And certainly not if you are a British fisherman.
                  It might be hoped that with you living on a barren rock surrounded by water, that might have dawned upon you by now.
                  But as you long ago weaponized your stupidity, that hope seems forlorn.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Well 52% of people who voted in the referendum were gullible and probably still are.
                    Yep, there are still gullible idiots who either don't understand what is going on, or are just too stupid to understand.

Here comes one now ......

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Not when you factor in all the strings that are attached. And certainly not if you are a British fisherman.
                    It might be hoped that with you living on a barren rock surrounded by water, that might have dawned upon you by now.
                    But as you long ago weaponized your stupidity, that hope seems forlorn.

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'm struggling to see how that's such a good deal.
                      Maybe try a brain transplant

Comment

Working...
                      X