• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone else has a .eu domain?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else has a .eu domain?

My website is going to be taken down per Dec 31st as eu domains can no longer be registered in the UK. The only way I can keep it is register at an address in the EU or move to another domain
    F@*k brexit!.
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

I have an EU domain but just had it on redirect to my COM one so don't really care that it disappears

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
      My website is going to be taken down per Dec 31st as eu domains can no longer be registered in the UK. The only way I can keep it is register at an address in the EU or move to another domain
      F@*k brexit!.
      Yes, but mine is registered in BG.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Rather dick move by EU

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Rather dick move by EU
          It's not the EU which assigns domain names. It would be a bit silly to define geographically based domain names and then allow them to be assigned in completely different regions.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

They should have simply moved all the .eu domains to .brexit.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              It's not the EU which assigns domain names. It would be a bit silly to define geographically based domain names and then allow them to be assigned in completely different regions.
              What? Like .tv?
              And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

This kicked off in 2018. Anyone with in the UK a renewal for a .eu domain after i think it was 01/09/2018 would be unable to renew. I migrated to my .com and very happy I am with it too.
                Anyone who ha left it this late really only has ignorance as an excuse and thats a very bad excuse IMHO
                Former IPSE member
                My Website

Comment

They should have simply moved all the .eu domains to .cretin.
                  FTFY

Comment

No, the silly thing is to piss off EU friends over something immaterial like .EU domains, plus cost revenues to .EU registars

Comment

Working...
                    X