• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travelling to the Schengen Area from January 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    No "current" plans ... do you realise that doesn't mean no plans at all don't you? And that these companies are there for profit so they will all start charging in the future? Or are you so blinkered by the lies that you can no longer make your own thinking?

Again, all this was known prior to 2016 so no surprises to those of us who are intelligent enough to understand what is going on. The sheeple who voted out though .... they're in for some big surprises
    + It is not a unilateral decision. Roaming partners have a say as well as the home operator. Let's subsidise VF they are all saying.

We hold all the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      No "current" plans ... do you realise that doesn't mean no plans at all don't you? And that these companies are there for profit so they will all start charging in the future? Or are you so blinkered by the lies that you can no longer make your own thinking?

Again, all this was known prior to 2016 so no surprises to those of us who are intelligent enough to understand what is going on. The sheeple who voted out though .... they're in for some big surprises
      I doubt many will be affected, except possibly those on PAYG roaming. Business data packages are worldwide, and no network will want to be the first to exclude European countries from their inclusive coverage. They would lose all their high revenue customers to rivals, who then would have no need to follow suit.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

My Three data plan covers the USA and Australia so why wouldn't it continue to cover Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          My Three data plan covers the USA and Australia so why wouldn't it continue to cover Europe?
          I had a Three phone once*, and it struggled with some parts of London...

*Not my choice, it was client issued
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

My guess is that they’ll charge a ‘holiday fee’ of £10-20 for a week, to avoid the £200+ bills that you’d otherwise get.

It would be a no brainer to pay it...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Thing is you pay ( most likely) more than for a standard data plan that doesn't cover these regions. Currently all EU countries are included for free in everyone's dataplan

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                My guess is that they’ll charge a ‘holiday fee’ of £10-20 for a week, to avoid the £200+ bills that you’d otherwise get.

It would be a no brainer to pay it...
                WCS

It won’t happen overnight but slowly and surely most providers will treat EU countries as ‘other’ countries and charge per day or per MB.

However, we being brits, we will just tolerate all this through gritted teeth and mutter that at least we are independent of EU so we are better off.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I read the new regulations with regard to UK citizens on the German government website. There they explained that you will be questioned by a border guard every time you enter the Germany. That is going to lead to long queues.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

What's the problem? It will be just like the war again.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      WCS

It won’t happen overnight but slowly and surely most providers will treat EU countries as ‘other’ countries and charge per day or per MB.

However, we being brits, we will just tolerate all this through gritted teeth and mutter that at least we are independent of EU so we are better off.
                      Or we'll choose our holiday hotels wisely so they have free wifi. If you want to watch Love Island 'live' on a beach in Corfu, you deserve a £300 bill. Download it the next morning while you're 'enjoying' a fairly unpleasant breakfast of feta and olives and you won't pay anything over the odds.
                      You lot are about as technically aware as my octogenarian parents. It's embarrassing...

Comment

Working...
                      X