Moving to Netherlands Moving to Netherlands
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12

    Default Moving to Netherlands

    Hi Guys,

    I know its bit tight but I am planning to move to Netherlands in first week of December. I have a contract till end of January and which will likely to be extended till end of March. Can I still operate through my own limited company and pay salary/dividends in Netherlands to show that I have a job to get residency card?

  2. #2

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,260

    Default

    Use a Dutch umbrella, that way you're on a Dutch payroll and you might be able to apply for (temporary) residency

  3. #3

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Use a Dutch umbrella, that way you're on a Dutch payroll and you might be able to apply for (temporary) residency
    Thanks Eirikur.
    Is there any legal and reliable umbrella company that is recommended on this forum or one that one can recommend. As I have heard some horror stories about umbrella companies in past.

  4. #4

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,260

    Default

    try Payrolling - FixedToday they were used by Dutch bank ING as all their contractors were inside Dutch version of IR35 by default

  5. #5

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    try Payrolling - FixedToday they were used by Dutch bank ING as all their contractors were inside Dutch version of IR35 by default
    Thanks mate.

  6. #6

    Default

    All good if he works direct




    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  7. #7

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    All good if he works direct




    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Sorry mate what you mean by "works direct?"

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackeyed View Post
    Sorry mate what you mean by "works direct?"
    If you work via a Uk agency via you limited company forget trying to change to a Dutch payroller


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

  9. #9

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    If you work via a Uk agency via you limited company forget trying to change to a Dutch payroller


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    I do work by via UK agency but can take out my company own limited company out of the scene and Dutch payroll becomes my agent?

  10. #10

    Super poster

    Eirikur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    If you work via a Uk agency via you limited company forget trying to change to a Dutch payroller


    Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    Looks like OP wants a residence card , will work only after dec31st if he has a job and address in NL or has a permanent residence address (and actually living at that address) in NL before that date

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •