• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: the end of London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOOM: the end of London

London has suffered the biggest fall in job opportunities among Europe’s biggest cities, according to a report showing that national capitals across the region have been damaged most by Covid-19.
    Job postings in London have plummeted by 50%, compared to a 42% decline for the rest of the UK, in a reflection of the city’s density and typical opportunities for work during normal times – such as in retail, hospitality and leisure – which have been hit hardest by the pandemic.

London suffers worst fall in job vacancies among major European cities | Business | The Guardian
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    London has suffered the biggest fall in job opportunities among Europe’s biggest cities, according to a report showing that national capitals across the region have been damaged most by Covid-19.
    Job postings in London have plummeted by 50%, compared to a 42% decline for the rest of the UK, in a reflection of the city’s density and typical opportunities for work during normal times – such as in retail, hospitality and leisure – which have been hit hardest by the pandemic.

London suffers worst fall in job vacancies among major European cities | Business | The Guardian
    Looks like the hard Brexit economic boom cavalry will be along in the nick of time.

https://www.economistsforfreetrade.c...op-economists/
    Last edited by Old Greg; 30 November 2020, 08:16.

Comment

oh dear

Goldman Sachs moves trading desk to Paris

Still don't worry, there should be a couple of extra fishing boats in Southend to pick up the slack.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's the EU's fault, they stole all the cards
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          oh dear

Still don't worry, there should be a couple of extra fishing boats in Southend to pick up the slack.
          Goldman's has been virulently anti-brexit for years, this is just symbolic. Should have no problem getting to work through the constant riots.

Comment

I wonder how big this trading desk is? I mean it could be 10 people out of 1000's

Are there any details of the size of this relocation or is it symbolic, like having a PO Box in Europe so you have a presence in the EU?
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
              Goldman's has been virulently anti-brexit for years, this is just symbolic. Should have no problem getting to work through the constant riots.
              not just Goldman Sachs

London thrown to the Lions with no Brexit finance deal likely
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                London
                Job postings in London have plummeted by 50%, compared to a 42% decline for the rest of the UK,

the real job postings or fake job postings... they never say which?

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                I wonder how big this trading desk is? I mean it could be 10 people out of 1000's

Are there any details of the size of this relocation or is it symbolic, like having a PO Box in Europe so you have a presence in the EU?
                Financial sector and hedgefunds will still probably thrive on the financial/ data transparency setback.
                Question is what will happen to the rest of the economy?
                Last edited by GigiBronz; 30 November 2020, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                  the real job postings or fake job postings... they never say which?

?
                  the fake ones have gone up

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    oh dear

Financial companies are all moving offices to Dublin, Paris and Frankfurt.
                    I don't think an average brexiteer hold a finance job.

Comment

Working...
                    X