• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU getting impatient

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU getting impatient

EU getting ‘impatient’ over negotiations

Boris needs to stop faffing around and sign the deal.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Carthaginian peace - Wikipedia

Comment

Barnier needs to realise he needs to tone down the piss-taking, and there might be a deal Boris can sign.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Barnier needs to realise he needs to tone down the piss-taking, and there might be a deal Boris can sign.
        The UK holds all the cards and can afford to wait for the EUSSR to throw in the towel at the last minute so Merkel can sell her 'luxury' cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          The UK holds all the cards and can afford to wait for the EUSSR to throw in the towel at the last minute so Merkel can sell her 'luxury' cars.
          We'll see.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The EU might offer another 0.5% on the fishing quotas if Boris plays hardball and slap on quotas to energy imports.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

The UK is now offering the EU 40% of its fish and it was still rejected, sounds to me like the result of Brexit will be winning back half control.

UK's generous offer on fish rejected
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Brexit: UK has lowered demands on fish catches, says EU

A number of member states, including France, whose president, Emmanuel Macron, has repeatedly stressed the importance of protecting Europe’s fisheries, told Barnier they would prefer to restart the negotiations in 2021 than rush into a deal that would damage their coastal communities.
                It seems to me that the EU will simply allow a "crash-out" and continue the negotiations into 2021.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

After crash out there will be no EU market to sell UK caught fish and UK fishermen (left without any UK support) will welcome any deal, at the same time EU fishing communities will get full financial support.

Problem solved for Boris and EU, and UK fishermen fooked again by Tory Scum

Comment

Brexit: UK has lowered demands on fish catches, says EU

It seems to me that the EU will simply allow a "crash-out" and continue the negotiations into 2021.
                    A number of member states, including France, whose president, Emmanuel Macron, has repeatedly stressed the importance of protecting Europe’s fisheries, told Barnier they would prefer to restart the negotiations in 2021 than rush into a deal that would damage their coastal communities.
                    I hope the irony isn't lost on anyone. The French designed the CFP purely so they could absolutely rape foreign waters with impunity.

Comment

Working...
                    X