• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you stockpiling?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Anything I should be worried about? I mean if it's a £1 product and it goes up 15p it's not going to be life changing. I guess medicine might be a worry, but I personally don't need any.

So what's worth panicking over?
    You are aware that a significant number of families have to choose between putting on the heating or feeding their kids?

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
      You are aware that a significant number of families have to choose between putting on the heating or feeding their kids?
      Will you please quantify that? Then a targeted approach to solving the issue can be devised?
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Will you please quantify that? Then a targeted approach to solving the issue can be devised?
        Sure.

As of 2017, 20% of UK people live in poverty including 8 million working-age adults, 4 million children and 1.9 million pensioners. Research by the JRF found nearly 400,000 more UK children and 300,000 more UK pensioners were in poverty in 2016-17 compared with 2012–13
        It's a big ******* target. Devise away.

Comment

Sure.

It's a big ******* target if you want to stretch the boundaries of what quantifies as "poverty" in order to appease all the pious members of the loony Left. Devise away.
          ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I was assuming that only a small proportion of "things" will rise in price significantly due to a no deal Brexit agreements.

Of course if everything goes up 15 or 20%, then a lot of people will be in big financial trouble.

Rishi will save us with "free" money
            First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              ftfy

The idea of a FTFY is to make ME look like a twat.

Comment

Back on topic...
                I'd suggest stockpiling Symjepi and Auvi-Q devices with long expiry (If MF hasn't already bought up the UK supply to sell on Amazon at overinflated prices)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The idea of a FTFY is to make ME look like a twat.
                  There is scarcely any need for one then. You are more than capable of doing that unhindered.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Is it pensioners day down at the 'Spoons?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      There is scarcely any need for one then. You are more than capable of doing that unhindered.

HTH BIDI

Good lad. Save your energy for Curry Night.

Comment

Working...
                      X