• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Honda pauses production after UK port woes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    No, they're mainly due to Covid.
    Not according to Maersk who have moved their Atlantic cargo operations to Liverpool citing Brexit disruption.

Comment

No, they're mainly due to Covid.
      What other things are causing the problems? (since you've got your finger on the pulse of UK logistics)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm not paying to read that, but I did see in the first paragraph that the fruit is destined for Asia. The headline references 'global shipping chaos'. Brexit didn't do any of that. Not even almost...
        You missed the sarcasm, I was backing your view, I know it doesn't happen often on Brexit threads

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          You missed the sarcasm, I was backing your view, I know it doesn't happen often on Brexit threads
          What do you think will happen if the UK moves 40% of its trade?
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            What do you think will happen if the UK moves 40% of its trade?
            I was backing a view that the disruption to UK ports is primarily as a result of Covid, and using an example of how US ports are also stuffed to back up that point.

I am happy to announce I am NOT a logistics expert.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              I was backing a view that the disruption to UK ports is primarily as a result of Covid, and using an example of how US ports are also stuffed to back up that point.

I am happy to announce I am NOT a logistics expert.
              No disruption is mainly due to brexit as many companies are trying to import/export extra goods before the Dec 31 deadline

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                No disruption is mainly due to brexit as many companies are trying to import/export extra goods before the Dec 31 deadline
                Exactly. Bentley are air freighting parts in for example; this is not economically viable for high volume manufacturers like Honda.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                  Exactly. Bentley are air freighting parts in for example; this is not economically viable for high volume manufacturers like Honda.

According to Mordac, air freight is down 90% (due to Covid), and this massive drop has resulted in air freight now going by sea, which is why all the UK sea ports are full of containers. The fact that 90% of UK air freight is less than 5% of the UK sea freight is lost n his massive logistical mind.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    According to Mordac, air freight is down 90% (due to Covid), and this massive drop has resulted in air freight now going by sea, which is why all the UK sea ports are full of containers. The fact that 90% of UK air freight is less than 5% of the UK sea freight is lost n his massive logistical mind.
                    Oh dear. It's probably lost on him that many PX airplanes are being converted to freight as it is the only aviation sector apart from General Aviation that is seeing an uptick.

Comment

Air freight is down beacuse passenger planes not flying - they'd normally take some of freight, where as number of dedicated freight only airplanes is limited and they are all fooking busy.

Comment

Working...
                      X