• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking - Boris will sign new treaty in Compiègne, France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most important and highest earnings industry in the UK has been ****ed over some fish, how pathetic
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Oh, it is magnificent!
    Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I can't see that Boris's deal is better than what you had 4.5 years ago. But at least it's better than no-deal. It's a bit like having a leg chopped off when you've shot yourself in the foot isn't as good as having two whole legs but it's better than contracting gangrene,

I'm glad there's finally a deal. No deal would have been truly awful.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It can't be that good a deal as Johnson has said he's relying on ministers 'to sell the deal.' Who to is a good question as apparently its a really good deal

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I can't see that Boris's deal is better than what you had 4.5 years ago. But at least it's better than no-deal. It's a bit like having a leg chopped off when you've shot yourself in the foot isn't as good as having two whole legs but it's better than contracting gangrene,

Is it better than we had before we joined the EU? Looks like it to me. That is what we are comparing it to.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Is it better than we had before we joined the EU? Looks like it to me. That is what we are comparing it to.
            It’s more complex than that... it depends on the class of people. Rulling class would probably be better off, normal working class have just lost a lot of rights and liberties.

Maybe it stays a fair country that will thrive in the new world.

But for now At least we have some closure, we can see the reality with different eyes and have the next conversations to be had.

For me the analogy is similar to naming Southend on the Sea a beach resort, it is decent if you haven’t seen anything different in your life. A bit shoddy in some parts.
            Definetly would not swim in the watter and more than 5 hours and you will be bored.
            But is far worse than even the budget resorts in Eastern Europe without taking in consideration French, Spanish, Italian, Greek coasts.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

We've gone from being largely ignored to being completely ignored. On the plus side, we can't be forced into the Euro, or any form of European nation state. I'll take that overall as an improvement on what we had before.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                We've gone from being largely ignored to being completely ignored. On the plus side, we can't be forced into the Euro, or any form of European nation state. I'll take that overall as an improvement on what we had before.
                Indeed, it’s the same kind of improvement that Pooter calls “negative losses”

Comment

The full agreement is not yet in the public domain but the EU website has various draft documents. I have spent two hours reading them. The UK-EU agreement is much less then the Turkey EU agreement. It is better than no-deal but it ia a piece of SH**.

This is a mountain of paper-work to fill in for export-import goods to the EU as well as for trucks and busses.

From 2022, UK passport holders will need a visa to visa to travel to the EU (or a visa waver which is virtually the same thing).
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If it was any good then Boris would have published text already, plus did he say clearly anything about 350 mln per week? One would have thought that would be important

Comment

Working...
                      X