• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, what's actually changed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't bring meat or cheese from the UK into Switzerland. It's the cheese that's the stinker, if you'll forgive the pun.
    I have to carry my id everywhere I go.
    I can't work in the EU.
    I may have to queue in the non-EU/Swiss/EEA passport queue.
    My passport isn't usable 3 months earlier than it would have been.

er....

That's it. And I don't even live in the EU!
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Stop whinging.

You can now:

1) Go fishing without having to ask permission from an Italian.

2) Go through passport control without mixing with any of those nasty European types.

3) Enter Gibraltar (using your blueish passport) while the Euro rabble have to just stroll across the runway.

Embrace the new liberties you have been given.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Nothing.

Comment

Hard Brexit could cost Scotland GBP2,000 a head and 80,000 jobs | Scotland | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          Stop whinging.

You can now:

1) Go fishing without having to ask permission from an Italian.

2) Go through passport control without mixing with any of those nasty European types.

3) Enter Gibraltar (using your blueish passport) while the Euro rabble have to just stroll across the runway.

Embrace the new liberties you have been given.
          You sure about 3?
          Gibraltar has just joined Schengen.

And EU quotas are still and will continue to be enforced. The only gain for the UK is who can catch 25% of the quota.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            You sure about 3?
            Gibraltar has just joined Schengen.

And EU quotas are still and will continue to be enforced. The only gain for the UK is who can catch 25% of the quota.
            That was kind of my point. EU nationals can just stroll across the border while the British will have to queue for passport control.
            England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Not taken much notice of the changes, but the cheese/meat one .... does that mean all those Brits that head to the continent each year in their motorhomes cannot take food with them in their fridges but have instead to stock up when they've crossed the channel?

Probably same for booze etc too
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Ah - I know what I've gained. The warm glow of sovereignty. Oh... wait... no, ... it's just i've peed myself. Oh well.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Brexit was an opportunity for BJ and his cronies to get into government. A massive ploy that made the public believe that Brexit will make them more wealthy but instead was nothing but an attempt by BJ, Gove, Sunak, Patel, Rees Mogg etc to grab power shamelessly.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Brexit was an opportunity for BJ and his cronies to get into government.
                    On that KPI I have to say that Brexit is a roaring success!

Comment

Working...
                    X