• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies charging more, or stopping sales as a direct result of brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companies charging more, or stopping sales as a direct result of brexit

BrexitImpacts - Google Sheets

Brooks England stops sales of ‘Made in Britain’ saddles to UK shoppers.

Brooks England stops sales of ‘Made in Britain’ saddles to UK shoppers – because of Brexit | road.cc

In a shipping notice on its website(link is external), shared on Twitter yesterday by user @MCRCycleSam,(link is external) the company, which dates back to 1866, said: “At Brooks England, we continue to produce each leather saddle in our West Midlands factory in more or less the same manner as we have for over 150 years.

“However, upon their completion, since some time these saddles are shipped first to our logistics centre in Italy and from there to Cyclists around the world.
    “Due to this, the ongoing changes in the Brexit situation have made it necessary to temporarily suspend all new orders to the UK at this time.”

Comment

Might not be of interest for many of you but already a couple of EU bicycle manufacturers (Rose and Canyon) that sell directly to end customers have stopped selling bikes to the UK. Canyon said it's going to be temporary until 11 January, Rose didn't give any indication on if and when they'd sell to UK again.

Obviously I wanted to get me a new Canyon this year

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
        Might not be of interest for many of you but already a couple of EU bicycle manufacturers (Rose and Canyon) that sell directly to end customers have stopped selling bikes to the UK. Canyon said it's going to be temporary until 11 January, Rose didn't give any indication on if and when they'd sell to UK again.

Obviously I wanted to get me a new Canyon this year
        Parts as well. Business opportunity for MF I would say.

EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Parts as well. Business opportunity for MF I would say.
          Exactly!

Stop whining remoanders and get on the gravy train of Import/Export businesses!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Exactly!

Stop whining remoanders and get on the gravy train of Import/Export businesses!
            There's money to be made in red tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              There's money to be made in red tape.
              First sell the red tape.

Then sell scissors.

Finally sell even more red tape!!!

This is money hand over fist - that's what allegedly Churchy said to BR14.

Comment

Not quite: Brooks England distributor reacts to stories claiming saddle sales to the UK have stopped due to Brexit - Cycling WeeklySent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X