• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leave.UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave.UK

"Leave.EU leaves Britain after Brexit

Eurosceptic campaign group founded by Arron Banks is now registered in Ireland"

Leave.EU has left the UK, as Brexit forced the Eurosceptic campaign group to choose between its name and its country.

According to domain name registration records, the organisation, founded by businessman and activist Arron Banks, picked the former. The website is now registered in the name of Sean Power, the chief executive of the Ireland-based professional services company BSG.

When asked, however, Power, who is based in Waterford, insisted that he had no involvement with the organisation. When informed that his name and contact details were present on the registration, he said he would be “looking into the matter”.

Leave.EU has had some time to consider its move. The organisation is named after its web address, but .EU domain names can only be held by businesses or individuals based in the EU or wider European Economic Area."

Leave.EU leaves Britain after Brexit | Brexit | The Guardian

Well, Leave.co.uk has already been grabbed by Nicola Sturgeon.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

A symbol of the failure of Brexit.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        A BB post not featuring the Express! Do I win a prize for spotting that?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Shetland has taken leave.scot .

Comment

That qualifies her for Leave.UK!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Shetland has taken leave.scot .
              At lease Atw's post was accurate. You two idiots working for the Sunday Sport now ?
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Irish MP calls regulator to investigate Leave.EU's Irish registration | Brexit | The Guardian

I reckon they will lose domain

Comment

“ Sean Power, the Irish businessman whose name appears on Leave.EU’s domain registration, insists he has never heard of the company.

“My lawyers are looking into this on my behalf presently and will be in touch as deemed necessary in due course,” said Power, the chief executive of Business Services Group, a Waterford-based company. “I have nothing to do with Leave.EU and never heard of it before yesterday.””

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    A symbol of the barrier in opportunities that exist between one class and another. How many companies/individuals can afford or go the length of getting a trustee for the domain?

Comment

Working...
                    X