• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

British fishing industry is first casualty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British fishing industry is first casualty

We can catch it, but we can't sell it.
    Seeing as we don't eat it we'll have to sell the fishing rights to France (like we did in the 70s).

UK fishermen halting exports to EU as ‘catastrophic’ Brexit bureaucracy renders business unviable | The Independent
    See You Next Tuesday

Rules will be relaxed once all British fishermen go bust and their boats/licenses get bought out on the cheap by whole owned subsidiaries of companies based in EU _and_ wealthy Brexiteers who co-own hedge funds, after that this thorn in EU backside will be removed for good.

Rule Britannia!

Comment

The fishing won't be only casualty, this bureaucracy will hit many areas. Anyone working in the EU or has EU customers knows exactly what it means.

Those that don't will simply say "it's not a problem", "business always finds a way".
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        We can catch it, but we can't sell it.
        Seeing as we don't eat it we'll have to sell the fishing rights to France (like we did in the 70s).

UK fishermen halting exports to EU as ‘catastrophic’ Brexit bureaucracy renders business unviable | The Independent
        In a way I am happy. I have yet to find a fisherperson who voted remain.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Soon you might struggle to find a fisherperson.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            They were warned. They argued it was project fear. I have zero sympathy for them I'm afraid. They are turkey voting for christmas. Hey ho, at least there is a positive ... soon the EU fisherpeople won't be stealing UK fish as we won't have any Uk fisherpeople to steal from
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Fishermen blast post-Brexit 'brick wall of bureaucracy' that is seeing British fish left to rot | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Working...
              X