• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ocado reporting food shortage problems due to brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The article quite clearly states:

changes to the UK supply chain have affected some of our suppliers and may result in an increase of missing items and substitutions over the next few week
    In other words once the staff shortages have been addressed, it will continue because of Brexit.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

In other words once the staff shortages have been addressed, it will continue because of Brexit.
      It’s a bit late in the debate to be introducing them to reality.

Comment

Food supply chain can’t get over the win

Comment

EU regulation was briefly mentioned, yes. But the assertion that all food supply problems to Ocado are Brexit related isn't 100% true.

I didn't receive that email so I guess my supplies of champagne, foie gras and caviar will be unaffected.

Comment

Don't be surprised to get lumpfish caviar instead of beluga...

Comment

So the Ocado chairman is quite explicit here, that the new customs rules will cause shortages.

Ocado chairman warns that extra Brexit costs will be passed on to customers and Britain will see 'short-term' food shortages due to new customs rules
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

He’s probably some Project Fear Enemy of the People.

Comment

A week into Brexit this is what a supermarket in Cambridge looks like

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Plenty of leftovers, nothing to see here, move along.

Comment

Ah I can see they still have those Brexit specials, edible flower pots.

Comment

Working...
                      X