• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kerching!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerching!

“ Truckers face £50 an hour charge waiting for Brexit customs checks

HMRC to charge hauliers as they park up at 'inland border facilities' aimed at keeping Brexit chaos away from ports

Truckers fear being milked for extra cash by HMRC as they wait for their paperwork to clear at special “inland border facilities” intended to minimise disruption at ports.

Hauliers have been told that after the first two hours of waiting at the nine sites for the green light for their paperwork they will be charged £50 an hour from February 1.

Confusion among officials over how to handle documents needed following Brexit and the sheer volume of paperwork mean HMRC staff are overwhelmed, according to hauliers, who say they are experiencing waits often far longer than two hours. “

Truckers face GBP50 an hour charge waiting for Brexit customs checks

Can’t/won’t provide enough parking for tulipty Brexit? Make a killing with inflated pricing on what one has!

Whatever happened with the petition I signed to name one of those car parks after Nigel Farage? Now that it looks like they will cost £50 an hour to park next to a portaloo, they are crying out for the Farage branding.

Comment

Customs officials want hauliers to give up on the idea of driving to and fro to Europe.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I suspect that politicians have decided that images of empty shelves are slightly less toxic than queues of lorries at Dover.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I suspect that politicians have decided that images of empty shelves are slightly less toxic than queues of lorries at Dover.
          Empty shelves can be chalked up to Covid

Comment

Working...
          X