• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barnier orders UK to obey EU rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've noticed some reports about the UK government wanting to introduce new legislation to take advantage of Brexit, but they really need to put a sock in it otherwise the EU will be down on them like a ton of bricks.
    I'm alright Jack

The gammon replies are always comedy gold in the comments section of the Express
    Last edited by Eirikur; 16 January 2021, 13:53.

Comment

I was going to repost some highlights - but there's so many to choose from.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I suspect the UK government will leak proposals to the press to see if Barnier approves them.

The question is, is Barnier the most powerful politician in the UK?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I was going to repost some highlights - but there's so many to choose from.
          That's why I read the Express. I can also recommend Breitbart. I suspect that Breitbart is more popular amongst Liberals than it is for Republicans.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            I suspect the UK government will leak proposals to the press to see if Barnier approves them.

The question is, is Barnier the most powerful politician in the UK?
            He's not even the most powerful politician in France. And he got seriously side-lined towards the end of the Brexit negotiations by someone who actually wanted to reach a deal. Probably best ignored.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              He's not even the most powerful politician in France. And he got seriously side-lined towards the end of the Brexit negotiations by someone who actually wanted to reach a deal. Probably best ignored.
              Tabloid newspapers saying he was about to be sidelined doesn't mean he was sidelined. The UK caved in the end.

If you don't believe me, just look at how the fish industry was shafted.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Tabloid newspapers saying he was about to be sidelined doesn't mean he was sidelined. The UK caved in the end.

If you don't believe me, just look at how the fish industry was shafted.
                I don't, but never mind that. Fisheries is a bit of a mess, I agree, but (a) it was always going to be one given who owns the quotas and (b) it's a miniscule part of the whole and (c) most of the issues are around paperwork which, needless to say, both sides are extremely good at creating...

Meanwhile Barnier remains in charge of an EU committee that has no further point while the French think he is their expert on the issues around the new relationship but I suspect the rest of the EU37 don't agree.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  I don't, but never mind that. Fisheries is a bit of a mess, I agree, but (a) it was always going to be one given who owns the quotas and (b) it's a miniscule part of the whole and (c) most of the issues are around paperwork which, needless to say, both sides are extremely good at creating...

Meanwhile Barnier remains in charge of an EU committee that has no further point while the French think he is their expert on the issues around the new relationship but I suspect the rest of the EU37 don't agree.
                  Did anyone join without us knowing?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Did anyone join without us knowing?
                    I knew I shouldn't have bought that cheap keyboard off E8ay...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X