• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheshire Cheese DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheshire Cheese DOOM

This is from the manager of the Cheshire Cheese Company:

UPDATE 18th Jan 2021:
    This is pretty shocking: Having just spoken to David Rutley MP, I asked him if this is a reciprocal arrangement and do EU producers have the same restrictions as we have trying to export into the UK?

Wait for it.... It turns out that no such reciprocal agreement is in place and the EU producers are free to export into the UK without restrictions. This is beyond all belief, but he added to this and told me, ‘we the UK agreed to this arrangement to encourage the EU to allow us to deal with them and avoid a no deal’!***

Its official - the UK Government have failed British food producers!

I posted earlier this month about Brexit and the difficulties my cheese producing businesses were having continuing to ship consumer parcels to the EU, with a 100% rejection despite the correct paperwork.

Despite me talking too and emailing local MPs in Macclesfield, Matlock and the Minister for Agriculture Victoria Prentice, I have had no answers about the ongoing situation of sending parcels to the EU consumer market. It has been left to DHL and DPD to explain the situation to me today. The simple answer is NO we can no longer sell or ship our UK produced cheese to the 446 million consumers in the EU.

Below is the list of restrictions put in place for Cheese consumers and export wholesale, with the 'Free Trade Deal'. Phytosanitary (Vet) certificates are £180 per consignment our average parcel value is £25. This is 15% of our annual turnover we lost overnight. My only option is to invest in France and distribute from there tarrif free and with low cost distribution!

Austria- Meat, Cheese and foodstuffs containing animal ingredients, fish and fish products are prohibited.
    Belgium- Anything that requires veterinary control is prohibited therefore you cannot send here.
    Bulgaria- Can be shipped but additional Analysis and Quality Certificates required for customs.
    Croatia- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
    Cyprus- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Czech Republic- Can be sent however this needs to be approved by customs before sending therefore it is best you speak with Customer Services in destination by calling 0042022030011. If approved Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Denmark- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Estonia- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Finland- Meat, fish and milk based products prohibited therefore cannot be sent.
    France- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
    Germany- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped.
    Greece- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Hungary- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Ireland, Republic of- Any shipment containing animal products are prohibited therefore cannot be shipped
    Italy- Can be shipped however the receiver will need to contact their local Ministry of Health for approval prior to shipping. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Latvia- All imports of meat, fish, dairy and their products prohibited when arriving from non-EU countries.
    Lithuania- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Luxembourg- Mostly prohibited however the receiver can check for approval with their local DHL on +352350909 or with their local customs. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Malta- All animal products are prohibited.
    Netherlands- Can be sent however required authorisation from DHL Netherlands prior to shipping, the contact number is 0031880552804. If approved, Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Poland- There are no restrictions on dairy product/food items to this country however Poland don't have a sanitary/veterinary check therefore as every food item going from the UK does required Phytosantiary certificate for you to be able to send this, the receiver will need to appoint their own third party broker for clearance.
    Portugal- Phytosantiary certificate required along with either a list of ingredients or a Certificate of Analysis for customs. However the receiver will need to check with their local DHL as this depends on the food item.
    Romania-No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required from yourself plus Quality & Conformity Certificates. The receiver will also need to provide Import Licence from Agricultural & Food Ministry.
    Slovakia- Will need to be approved by customs in Slovakia first, the contact number is +421248229229, if approved Phytosantiary certificate required and 24 hour delay in transit is expected.
    Slovenia- No restrictions- Phytosantiary certificate required.
    Spain- All animal products are prohibited.
    Sweden-Food made of any animal (incl. dairy- and milk products). are prohibited to import.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

On the plus side, we'll have lots of cheese to eat with all the fish we can't export. I wonder what melted cheese on a kipper tastes like?
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
      On the plus side, we'll have lots of cheese to eat with all the fish we can't export. I wonder what melted cheese on a kipper tastes like?
      You need to get all Millenialised up and start a post-Brexit foodie blog...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I remember driving on M40 in 2016 and saw plenty of “Vote Brexit” on side of contraptions parked in the middle of agricultural fields, don’t think I’ve seen a single anti-Brexit slogan there

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
          I wonder what melted cheese on a kipper tastes like?
          A bit too early to resort fo cannibalism, no?

Comment

[slow clap]

Comment

Working...
            X