• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BoJo refuses to give full diplomatic status to EU ambassador

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BoJo refuses to give full diplomatic status to EU ambassador

UK and EU in row over bloc'''s diplomatic status - BBC News

142 countries around the world do

EU Customs officials should slow down a little bit, take it easy, the lorry will still be there tomorrow.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I guess the EU will simply withdraw diplomatic status from British diplomats.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        An admission that the EU is actually a nation state in-waiting? As long as the individual member states (such as they are still states) don't, there's no actual problem. We already have one ambassador in Brussels, we won't be needing a second one. If there are already 27 EU ambassadors in London, why do they want to waste money on a 28th?
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          But they are representing a nation state, which the EU hasn't yet become.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            An admission that the EU is actually a nation state in-waiting? As long as the individual member states (such as they are still states) don't, there's no actual problem. We already have one ambassador in Brussels, we won't be needing a second one. If there are already 27 EU ambassadors in London, why do they want to waste money on a 28th?
            Perhaps the Uk should also withdraw diplomatic status from UN officials?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              But they are representing a nation state, which the EU hasn't yet become.
              142 countries don't have a problem with it, but of course the UK wants to be eccentric and stubborn

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                142 countries don't have a problem with it, but of course the UK wants to be eccentric and stubborn
                just a load of willy waving to show the Brexidiots what they want to see rather than the ruinous sh1tshow it is
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Too right. About time someone had the balls to stick two fingers up to them... (until they at least get their Auditors to sign off their Annual Accounts).
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    I'm not saying it's sensible just observing that the EU is not a nation state. One could say that there should be no diplomats or embassies from any EU states if they are to be represented by the EU appointed diplomat.

That would clear South Ken of all those damn Frenchies

Comment

Working...
                    X