• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Incompetent EU retailers not ready for brexit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Actually Barmy has it half right, it is both ways despite the opening of the story being one sided. Imagine not being able to understand a Wail story. It is about not being in a single market and its obvious to anyone with half a brain. The British side is mainly about returns being too costly to repatriate as they are still goods.

1. UK people ordering from the EU retailers are being asked to pay additional customs fees, handling and VAT because EU retailers are not properly registered with HMRC (that is a UK body). These companies will also have to file the correct paperwork and possibly pay fees to repatriate their goods.

2. EU people ordering from the UK are being asked to pay vat and handling fees when they buy goods from the UK. On assumes the UK retailers haven't registered with the EU's equivalent of HMRC. These companies will have to file the correct paperwork and fees to repatriate the goods just as you would if you sell to all the other countries.

This is normal when you don't have a customs union. If you order something from Australia or Mexico exactly the same applies. This is the brexit we voted for. I just thought I would have a laugh at you remoaners and present detail number 1 as a one sided part of the argument, in your usual triumphant style and you get all confused.

This quote may be helpful

See incompetent EU orgs don't register with HMRC. You cherry picked the argument that supported you just like you normally do.
    No tulip sherlock, we're laughing at you as it seems to be only British people moaning about this. It's what you voted for. You do realise that UK companies have to register with 27 different extra countries now
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by dsc View Post
      Prices going up is a fecking benefit? and you are calling other stupid? Have you ever bought clothes made entirely in the UK? Lets say made from Scottish wool and actually put together in the UK? Next thing you'll be telling others how a diet made up entirely of British potatoes is the best thing ever. I think you are confusing the UK with China who can manufacture whatever they want fairly cheaply. And sure, yes, now all manufacturing will simply kick off magically in the UK overnight for everything and you'll have your great sovereign Britain yet again.

Most low end retail clothes are made in low cost countries such as India & Bangladesh though Boohoo & so on allegedly like to pay low wages in the UK.

Strangely most high end clothes are also made in low cost countries but sometimes have finishing touches attached in a European country a bit like cars where the seats are fitted in the UK being called made in Britain.

Where do you think You NIKE, Addidas, Peter storm, Levis etc are made?

We do make some clothes in the UK I have some Gortex Jackets and wool jumpers marked made in the UK but they aren't from Primark or Burton. But their stuff normally comes from low cost countries direct.

Clothing

Why just potatoes we can grow lots of vegetables in our climate. With Hydroponics you can grow most things. Other parts of the world also supply fruit & veg.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        No tulip sherlock, we're laughing at you as it seems to be only British people moaning about this. It's what you voted for. You do realise that UK companies have to register with 27 different extra countries now

The british aren't complaining about it, its a consequence of Brexit and its therefore news.

You mean the EU has an Ambassador but no central tax authority? Seems a bit cart before the horse.

Comment

The british aren't complaining about it, its a consequence of Brexit and its therefore news.

You mean the EU has an Ambassador but no central tax authority? Seems a bit cart before the horse.
          Once again vetran hasn't read an article he posted:

British shoppers today complained about being hit with punishing 'Brexit fees' on purchases from Europe, which could add more than third to the cost of a new outfit.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Once again vetran hasn't read an article he posted:

I have as explained above, do try to keep up.

Comment

Are you worried about something? You keep starting threads n the Brexit forum about trading with the EU? Why does this concern you, the UK has left, you should concern yourself with making Britain great again with all the benefits that this has brought instead of moaning about the little bit of red tape. Perhaps, though, you are getting a little bit squeaky bottom...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran

Do try to keep up with your own posting...

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
                  Who gives a tulip about overpriced clothes?

Prices going up by a third is a benefit of brexit, do you still not see that stupid remainer? It will encourage UK companies to manufacture clothes so that this country can actually look after itself instead of relying on exports for everything.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                  X