• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Isn't it time to let this go?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it time to let this go?

I doubt brexit is going to have much of a noticeable impact on most people's lives.

It's just bad luck if some are significantly impoverished or seriously inconvenienced by it. (Although it's hard to have any sympathy if they were dumb enough to vote for it!)

This is what the majority decided, and it's now happened, so everyone will just have to live with it.

No, NEVER!

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
      I doubt brexit is going to have much of a noticeable impact on most people's lives.

It's just bad luck if some are significantly impoverished or seriously inconvenienced by it. (Although it's hard to have any sympathy if they were dumb enough to vote for it!)

This is what the majority decided, and it's now happened, so everyone will just have to live with it.
      Are you competing for the most stupid statement of the week?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        We have a clear winner

Comment

But it's been less than a month.

During a pandemic when people can't travel.

And in January when people are paying off Christmas and haven't yet bought anything from Europe, and if they have are wondering why their packages are still stuck at the post office but haven't got around to finding out why...

Brexit: - I was asked to pay an extra GBP82 for my GBP200 coat - BBC News

No, there's much more entertainment to be had here.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

...not to forget the upcoming Scotland constitutional crisis in May.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

And in January when people are paying off Christmas and haven't yet bought anything from Europe, and if they have are wondering why their packages are still stuck at the post office but haven't got around to finding out why...

Nothing to see here.

Dear CFL,

UPS have made us aware of severe delays to all international parcels due to the multiple changes recently enforced by Brexit. As a result UPS have stopped any further international parcel bookings through Parcel2Go and all other major partners.

If you’ve sent a parcel recently with UPS than the delays will result in your parcel being delivered later than initially expected. We are very sorry for this and UPS are working to deliver all parcels as quickly as possible. The UPS international service will be available again for bookings once the delayed parcels have been cleared.

The best way to track your parcel is via the website here, using your P2G reference number. However, please be aware that there may be limited tracking information available due to the ongoing delays. Also, if you are still unsure what the new requirements are for sending parcels into Europe, click here for all you need to know.

We do offer a large number of alternative international services but please be aware that delays may be possible due to the ongoing Brexit issues, click here to get a quote.

Should you need to contact us, we are currently experiencing unprecedented contact to our customer service teams so please bear with us. We are working at maximum capacity to deal with the workload and we are sorry for any delays.

Thank you for your understanding,

The Parcel2Go Team

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                We have a clear winner
                Typical brexidiot responses. No content, just insults.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

What % of the public regularly buy stuff from the EU? It's not really the end of the world if it's not worth doing that anymore.

Comment

What % of the public regularly buy stuff from the EU? It's not really the end of the world if it's not worth doing that anymore.
                    Do you eat any fresh salad between November and say March?

By the sounds of it you have never looked so you will be in for a hell of a surprise when you do look.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X